221 G Additional Admin Processing - Chennai Consulate (17th Jan)

Sudhakar0204

Hi

I have attended for H1b visa interview along with my family on 17th Jan at chennai consulate. My slot time was 8:30. The moment i entered in to the main hall my ticket number was flashing on screen.

I was interview by a white male young visa officer for 10 mins and told me to wait as they want to verify more in my case.

Brief about my profile:

---------------------------

woking as Oracle ERP functional consultant for the last 9 years with academic qualification as MBA and Bcom.

Interview with him went with the questions on the employer, client, project, role, how i got the opportunity with the US employer, about my previous H1b stamping in 2008 (but never travel to USA), finally academic qualification.

Gave a suspicious expression how i got converted into IT being a non IT qualified person. then i mentioned about the certification i did from Oracle Corporation.

After 45 mins i got a call from another counter, one indian lady interviewed me for 1 hour right from my academic, experience, US petitioner, Client, very specic questions about my Job role(my petition has been filed as a "System Analyst"), regular job duties i have been doing as part of my professional career.

Finally she had couple of internal discussions with the VO who interviewed me initially, handed over 221G by checking my case needs additional admin processing.

And the first US VO also came to the other counter and confirmed that they dont have any concerns about the employer, client or project. But they need to reevaluate the relevance between my academic qualification and H1b employment. I got the RFE during I-129 processing on foreign degree evaluation and submitted the same by getting an evaluation certification.

Documents collected from me at chennai consulate:

-------------------------------------------------------------------

Letter to USCIS

Foreign Degree evaluation certificate

my original MBA degree and marks memo

client letter, SOW

professional services agreement between my cmployer & client

This is very strange to me that i never heard any one got this kind of 221 query on academic relevance with H1b employment.

USCIS has the same query and put and RFE while my case was in process and submitted the evaluation certificate to them. Still consulate people are asking the same.

Please share if any of you have the same experience...

Regards

Sudhakar

one thing i dont understand is after having 9 years of relevant work experience, what relevance they are trying to see between academic qualification and H1 employment.

I am going to work as system analyst on Oracle E-Biz Technology which requires more of functional expertise on the relevant domain. WHich doesn't have any thing to do with technical programming skills.

and I got H1b stamping in 2008 with the same profile for similar job role.

I am going to work as system analyst on Oracle E-Biz Technology which requires more of functional expertise on the relevant domain. WHich doesn't have any thing to do with technical programming skills.

You know that and as a IT guy I know that. But USCIS doesn't know that and so they wanted to verify it.

Relax, I guess you are good to go but its matter of time.

• 3 months later...

Hello all,

I work full time for a top rated product company in the US on an approved H1B. I started in this company on OCT 2012 prior to which i was working for a service based company in the US on L1(Blanket) visa. I had travelled to India on vacation and had to take the visa interview at Chennai consulate on APR-26-2013.

The Visa officer asked about my job and duties in the US. While i was explaining, she interrupted and asked me "what exactly i will do in the US". I gave all my duties to the fullest. She then asked me if my job is to deal with security and i had clarified stating that it has nothing to do with security but handling big data (as i am an ETL professional).

She then asked my salary and marital status and said that VISA is approved but had to be put on admin processing. I have gone through an ADMIN processing previously for my L1 blanket visa and got my passport after 3 months. Fearing this delay (i have an apartment and car in the US just left locked), i pleaded her stating that i am already working in the US and on vacation to India for just a short period of 4 weeks, but the VO politely said there is no way she can waive it for me and asked me to go to window 31.

At the window 31, an Indian person gently asked about my visits to other countries (other than US) and i had truthfully told about my visits to Singapore and Mauritius. My height was then measured and i was also asked questions about any siblings. upon answering the same, the person confirmed that my visa is approved and my passport will take 3 to 4 weeks. I have no team in india to work together and i am afraid that this delay will cause lot of pain given all my stuff has just been left lying in US.

Can someone with similar experience let me know what is the wait time for such case, given i have already undergone admin processing for 3 months? Feeling very depressed about it. Any relevant information is sincerely appreciated.

the person confirmed that my visa is approved and my passport will take 3 to 4 weeks. I have no team in india to work together and i am afraid that this delay will cause lot of pain given all my stuff has just been left lying in US.

Relax dude. He said your visa is approved.

You will get it.

Archived