221G on Jan 16, in Ottawa

ank.agg2

In EC model, originally had my interview on Jan 17th in Ottawa but the Embassy rescheduled it to Jan 16. Got 221G (white), but asked the VO if I can have my passport back and he returned it but asked to personally bring it in when they ask for it. Within one-two hours after the interview, I got an email asking about my LCA, I-129, letter to USCIS and all paystubs and W2. I replied with the required information. In addition, my client got some questions and they already replied back today (Jan 17th).

I assume that there were or still are lot of people in the same boat.

Based on your past/current experience, please help me out with these questions:

1. How long should I anticipate this process to take? After reading a lot of posts, I'm estimating that it may be around 3-4weeks minimum. As I've my passport, I can travel back to India, but not sure that whether it will be a good choice to make or not. Please share your thoughts.
  2. If I do travel outside of Canada and the Embassy sends an email to return back, how much time they will give me to return back? i.e. will they send an email on Friday or Monday to come on Tuesday or Thursday?
  3. Also, in some cases I've heard that they've sent an email saying Monday-Friday between 9.30-10am. What is that about, is it any different than the email above in #2?
  4. As they take the original I-797A, in case of a refusal how will they return that (Not sure, even they will even return it or not)? I think that if they do return it, then we might have another chance to try to process our case in India one more time, any thoughts?
  5. The 221G states that "We will inform you by e-mail if/when you visa has been approved". Does that mean they will only send an e-mail, if the visa if approved? What should a person do if he doesn't received an email...just wait??

Please reply to this post. In addition, you can also reach me at: ank.agg2@gmail.com

Your help is much appreciated. Thanks!

Ankush

i got my 221g in Montreal . I got the notice in email and it took 5 weeks. They send documents back along with passport. They kept my I-797 it came back with passport in my case. You have to fill loonis information where u would like to pick your documents. That;s where they send the documents and u have to pick from there. I had left my passport with them. They communicate though email. you just have to wait.

Archived