H1B Amendment

luck2u

I have question regarding H1B amendment.

Here is the little background:

I got visa stamped in India in Nov'2012 based on my I-140 and got H1B petition & visa approved for 3 years i.e., till 2015. After working for one month I changed the client and to different state from the original H1B approved for 3 years.

Question:

Do I need to go for H1B amendment now as even I don't need to attend for H1B visa till next 3 years? I know we have to surely go for amendment if we have plan to attend for visa interview in near future.

Pls advise. Thanks inadvance!!

Generally, the USCIS is moving toward the position that a change in work location and/or end client is a material change which requires the employer to file an amended H1B petition, regardless of whether the beneficiary will be travelling abroad. Failure to file the amendment exposes the beneficiary to potential status issues as well as penalties for the employer. In addition, there are also steps that must be taken to maintain compliance with the Department of Labor. Please schedule a consultation with an experienced immigration attorney to discuss your specific facts and the best strategy for maintaining compliance with U.S. immigration laws.

Archived