Regarding H1B stamping

kaur2

Hi,

Need help in my case.

I came to US on H4 visa and after few months I cahnged my status to F1 and now I am on H1b visa approved for an year 2013.I am planning to go India in March and I am on EVC(Employer-Vendor-Client) model and have bothe vendor and cleine letter.

My questions are:

1.Is it safe to go India(chennai) for H1B stamping on EVC model and have 9 months h1b visa left(because it's already started from November 2012)

2.Is anyone with the same situation and got approved visa?

3.After my change of status I didn't go to India and this is the first time going on H1b visa.so,my passport have H4 stamp only.what are the chances of approving isa?

Please advice me.Thanks for your help.

--Keerthi

I went to Chennai for stamping on February 2012 and had really bad experience. My interview was scheduled at 9:40 AM and I was there in the consulate until 2:45 PM. I was called for the interview on the scheduled time. The Visa officer asked me if I was a fulltime employee or was working via a vendor. The moment I told him that i was through a vendor he asked to step aside and told that they need to ask some further questions. There were atleast 15 other memebers who were asked to wait for further questions and all of them were working on EVC model.

I was taken to a seperate room and interviewed by 4 different people. They asked me questions about my previous projects and most of the questions were on my employer like were you on bench, did your employer pay you when you were on bench, how many accrued vacation I have per year etc and took note of everything I said. The visa officer finally told me at around 2:45 PM that they are issuing visa to me. I was the only person who was interviewed for that long, most of the other people had query on their H1. It was very frustrating experience for me. I am not sure how the situation is right now but wanted to share my experience for your awareness.

Let me tell you about my background, I came to US on F1 and later got my H1 done (I already got stamping once on my H1 and this was my second stamping after extension). If you definitely need to go to India then and I would suggest you to be prepared for all the questions regarding your employer. You might not face what I faced but its better to be prepared. I wish everything goes well with your trip but also suggest you to be prepared for the worst. All the Best !!!

Archived