Time for canadian visa to arrive from NY consulate

sh21

Hi,

I submitted my passport, documents and application to canadian consulate in NY yesterday. Is there any timeline by which i get them back? I have given express mail envelope since they dont give passport back next working day from Jan 7

Regards,

Shashi

Shashi,

You should receive it with in a week. Because I red some where in New York consulate that the processing time for both in person and mail will be the same. and I did apply for Canada visa on Thursday Dec'27 and received the next Thursday.

Hope you will receive in a week.

Good luck.

1. Purpose - To get H1B visa stamping done, you need to fill in DS 160 and also take H1B visa appointment from vfs website 20-30 days before applying for canadian visa and attach printout of H1B visa stamping date confirmation email and DA 160 to support it

2. Stay length - 3-4 days

For me it took around 1 week, so I guess you can have ETA as 1 week.

Hello MSU,

I understand that you applied for Canadian visa by mail.

1. Did you first book H1B visa interview, and then applied for Canadian visa, or the other way around?

2. Did you have to mail proof of your air tickets, or your US visa appointment date, along with your Canadian visa application?

I am planning to first get my Canadian visa and then fill book the H1B visa interview in Canada, just so that I don't want to miss my H1B visa if the Canadian visa arrives late.

However, the catch is, since I don't know the dates for H1B visa yet, I am not sure what I have to enter in the 'Dates of visit' section.

Am I doing it in the wrong order? Please help.

Also, has anyone here, mailed their passport and application form to the Canadian embassy in Detroit? Any details on that, as in, time taken to return the passport, is appreciated.

Archived