Vancouver H1(B) visa approved after 221(g)

brutz

My friend got his visa approved after 221(g). He got 221(g) during F1 visa in india and again he got 221(g) for H1(B) visa stamping in Vancouver. He received his clearance pretty quickly i am assuming that's because of his past 221(g) on F1.

Anyways here the time line for his visa approval.

Nov 20 -- he had interview given 221g (Name check background check bcz of common Muslim last name i guess)

Dec 21 -- Got email from Vancouver NIV requesting to come to consulate on Dec 21 or Dec 27 but he was out of country for sisters marriage he return to consulate on Jan 03 (due to Marriage, holidays and long flight back from India)

Jan 03 -- They gave him 221(g) again saying previous clearance expired and requested to leave passport.

Jan 11 -- Friday at 4pm Vancouver time his status on CEAC website got update with Jan 11 time stamp.

Jan 14 -- Monday he received email from Consulate requesting to come to consulate on Wednesday

between 2:15-2:45 to pick up passport and I797 form and his status on CEAC website got updated to Jan 14 time stamp and still showed Administrative processing.

Jan 15 -- Status changed on CEAC website to "ISSUED"

Jan 16 -- He went to consulate and picked up Passport and I797. Consulate was closed as it was holiday every 3 Wednesday of month but passport pick section was open.

My interview was on NOV 26 I received 221(g) It was my first H1b stamping and I did not receive 221(g) during my F1. I am still waiting for an update from consulate, I sent them email last week and they told me it still in Admin processing and advise to check status on CEAC website.

Please make Duva for me. Inshallah I am hoping to receive something before end of this month. I will let you guys know if i receive any update on my status from consulate..

Nov 20 -- he had interview given 221g (Name check background check bcz of common Muslim last name i guess)

Dec 21 -- Got email from Vancouver NIV requesting to come to consulate on Dec 21 or Dec 27 but he was out of country for sisters marriage he return to consulate on Jan 03 (due to Marriage, holidays and long flight back from India)

Did clientor employer receive any email from embassy?

hi,

kind of same situation for me as well. I have a common muslim name. When I went for my F1 stamping in India , got 221g which took more than 2 months to get cleared.

Now I am planning to go for my first H1 stamping in Canada, very scared , high possibility for 221g again.

any help/suggestion or comments on my case..?

keep us updated on your case as well.

Hello,

Sorry to hear all the cases of 221g. But the good news is eventually they get cleared as long as our profile is good. So dont worry, be strong!!

By the way think it is not necessarily because of common muslim name. Because I dont have a common muslim name but still my case is also in a similar situation. I am now in Toronto, Canada. Waiting since 17th Dec. I know few other cases also who are waiting. They do not have common Muslim name either.

So, don't worry friends. Wish you all the best!

Hello,

i am on the sameboat. I have a common Muslim name. I gave interview on 20th Nov in Vancouver and after being issued 221g, came back to Pakistan to wait it out. It has been in administrative processing since then. Please keep us updated on your case. Thank you.

I we have one more friend from below forum, He had his interview on Nov 20 got 221g, his case got updated on 01/16/13 after almost 57. Did you check you status on CEAC website ? Look for last update date.

Link for CEAC website : https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx?eQs=WwjqOlbeRYzCYubaSQI+RA== (your application ID is your DS 160 confirmation number)

Also look this forum : http://forum.murthy.com/index.php?/topic/51098-50-days-in-white-221g-for-h1b-vancouver/

Thanks,

• 1 month later...

Assalamu-Alaikum..@brutz

I've recieved clearance on 26th dec-2006 when i came here for the first time on F1 and now, after H1 this is my first stamping. what are the chances of me getting a 221(g)? how long the 221(g) clearance remains valid?.

Also, if i received 221(g)(god forbidden). can i take my passport and leave to my to home country and wait for the their call? or do i need to stay in canada( if it make the process to run qicker by any chance)..

Please Advise!

Waiting for the response.

Abdul Mateen

@abdulmateenmd

Mine interview was on 10th Dec,2012 (in Toronto) and was given 221G and since then no documents are asked and no communication. I assume they are doing a background check most probably because of being a Muslim. But it has been already almost 3 months and i know there are couple of more people waiting since november,2012. Although every case is different but seems like they are running background checks for almost every muslims and taking more then 3 months. I would suggest to have a backup plan ready before going for stamping

• 5 months later...

Archived