Going to Canada for H1B stamping

SeemaKrish

Hi,

I have applied for permanent residence of Canada, I am currently in US on H1B Visa. I have to go to Canada for initial landing and I am planning to come back after a week and work in USA till I have H1 Valid and then permanently go to Canada.

My question is:

Since H1B visa is expired as its dated 2010 (But I have I-797 valid till 2013 end)Do I have to go to US embassy if I want to come back to USA after a week.

For Canadian immigration interview should I fly or drive. I don't have address in Canada, I am planning to stay in hotel. Do Canadian immigration need address in Canada for initial landing.

-Thanks

Since H1B visa is expired as its dated 2010 (But I have I-797 valid till 2013 end)Do I have to go to US embassy if I want to come back to USA after a week.?

You don't need valid visa, if you valid I-94 is enough. You can AVR (Automatic Visa Revalidation) in your case to renter in to USA. You don't need to visit US embassy.

For Canadian immigration interview should I fly or drive. I don't have address in Canada, I am planning to stay in hotel. Do Canadian immigration need address in Canada for initial landing.?

Either you can fly or Drive does not matter. But you need to give Canada address while landing for canada border security to send you PR card.

Archived