professional association for E-B2 criteria

ttd

Hi,

I looked at the E-B2 requirements and noticed that one of the criteria that qualify for the national waiver is "Membership in a professional association(s)." However, I was not able to find a list of associations that qualify for this criteria. Where would I be able to find this list? Is IEEE a qualifying association?

Thanks for your help.

Hi,

I looked at the E-B2 requirements and noticed that one of the criteria that qualify for the national waiver is "Membership in a professional association(s)." However, I was not able to find a list of associations that qualify for this criteria. Where would I be able to find this list? Is IEEE a qualifying association?

Associations where you pay for membership don't qualify.

If you are an IEEE Fellow, that would qualify, but normal IEEE membership doesn't.

To qualify for EB2 exceptional ability one of the criteria is that one have membership in a professional association. The law does not require that one cannot be a member in an association if one has paid to join. in other categories like extraordinary ability - EB1 - membership in an organization where one has paid not been invited to join will not be viewed favorably. However, the requirements for qualification in EB2 exceptional ability are not the same as extraordinary ability. One considering whether he or she qualifies for exceptional ability should consult with an attorney for specific legal advice.

Archived