H1B approved in interview but put in Administrative processing

sean1234

I did not contact anyone as I knew the reason for my administrative processing which is my research wok on human embryonic stem cells. I was confident I would get clearance by 1 month. Just relax, engage yourself with some activities to kill time and spend time with loved ones. Check regularly approval of applications before you. Once you find that applications closer to your visa date are getting approved then you know that you are also close.

Does the US Govt shutdown has to do anything with the processing? They asked for my resume, offer letter and company product information. It looks like they are checking for my petition validity. I am assuming it's done with the USCIS, which is open.

Also, I called the US dept of state and they mentioned that 'the consulate received all the information that they are looking for'; which seems like a positive sign, however, no response or no update yet on my progress. I am confused and frustrated when I receive an email that 'my case is undergoing administrative processing'. Please advise.

Does the US Govt shutdown has to do anything with the processing? They asked for my resume, offer letter and company product information. It looks like they are checking for my petition validity. I am assuming it's done with the USCIS, which is open.

Also, I called the US dept of state and they mentioned that 'the consulate received all the information that they are looking for'; which seems like a positive sign, however, no response or no update yet on my progress. I am confused and frustrated when I receive an email that 'my case is undergoing administrative processing'. Please advise.

I heard somewhere that administrative processing sometimes involves department of state (I might be wrong). If it is true then it might be affected due to shutdown. Hopefully with government functioning you should be getting your visa quickly.

I heard somewhere that administrative processing sometimes involves department of state (I might be wrong). If it is true then it might be affected due to shutdown. Hopefully with government functioning you should be getting your visa quickly.

Jairichi,

My case recently got updated, on Oct 21st, nearly 1 month as you stated. Thanks for your support and guidance. I submitted my passport today Oct 23rd, so waiting for it come back. Once it's back, I will post the detailed timeline for people like me, who are waiting anxiously, so that it will help others with respect to timelines.

Jairichi,

My case recently got updated, on Oct 21st, nearly 1 month as you stated. Thanks for your support and guidance. I submitted my passport today Oct 23rd, so waiting for it come back. Once it's back, I will post the detailed timeline for people like me, who are waiting anxiously, so that it will help others with respect to timelines.

Good to know that Sundy2013. Yes, please post your experience and it would be a guidance for others.

Hi, 

I work for a tech giant in Silicon Valley. I am a full time employee and joined the company in May 2013. I frequently travel to China as I am involved in business here. I was a full time employee in my previous company as well. I attended the visa interview at the Shanghai Consulate; after I asking the Shanghai Consulate if an Indian citizen can apply for NIV here. I talked to my attorney too before I travelled and she said it's fine. 

I have previous got my visa stamped in Mexico (3 times to be exact) and never had any issues. 

Shanghai Consulate: 
Visa interview : Sept 12th 
Docs requested: Sept 16th 
Docs submitted Sept 17th 

Case status update: Oct 21st

Passport submitted: Oct 23rd ( I took my passport to travel to India)

Issued: Oct 25th

Passport in hand: Oct 29th

The only tip I have is please plan alternative options to work remotely in case of administrative processing. And should have a lot of patience. ALl the best to everyone who's still waiting. Hope this information helps.

Archived