Is it ok to do 2 jobs during OPT?

Jo1987

Hi,

Currently my freind is on OPT and planning to apply for H1 in comming april. He recently changed the employer as well as cleint. But his prevous clent wants him to work for 20 hr per week since he is really crucial in the company. So he just want to make sure if this is ok if he does two jobs parllaly (one job with 40 hrs and other for 20 hrs). Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jo

Hi,

Currently my freind is on OPT and planning to apply for H1 in comming april. He recently changed the employer as well as cleint. But his prevous clent wants him to work for 20 hr per week since he is really crucial in the company. So he just want to make sure if this is ok if he does two jobs parllaly (one job with 40 hrs and other for 20 hrs). Please let us know.

Thanks,

Jo

He can. But make sure that your DSO is aware of this.

It's always good to inform in the school while working in the OPT so that they can give some advice if you are doing something wrong.

"It's always good to inform in the school while working in the OPT so that they can give some advice if you are doing something wrong."

=> It's not only good, but it's legally necessary to report any employer/ address changes during CPT/ OPT to DSO.

• 3 weeks later...

the only thing, USCIS and ur school worries is regarding ur employer....even on h1 u can work for two different clients considering the employer is same....

there are many people who work for different clients and different projects but the employer is same...

i did the same last year...i didnt have any issues....

so finally, if there is only one employer, dont worry....no need to inform DSO at all...dont confuse them saying client changed, etc...they would only need ur updated employer information ie who runs ur payroll...thats it

Archived