L1 B to L1 A conversion and got RFE (PLEASE HELP)

anamika123421

Here are some facts :

First time L1-B visa Oct-07

Actual entry Feb-08

I 94 expiry Oct-10

US departure date Sep-10

Got L1- B extension from India Oct-10

L1 B expiry date 18th Feb 2013

I 94 Expiry date 18th Feb 2013

L1 B to L1 A conversion filing date 20th Dec 2012

RFE date 12th Jan 2013

I am sure that when my company immigration lawyer answers RFE, It will be beyond my current I94 expiry date. I was told that the individual can stay in the US for a maximum period of 240 days from the date of expiry of I-94, if the petition for I-94 extension has been filed with the USCIS and the same is pending with USCIS for decision.

If after RFE response, USCIS denies my petition and the denial date is after my I94 expiry date, then below documented are my queries :

> How soon I have to leave US keeping in mind that it won't be possible to leave US overnight ?

> I heard on internet that If peition has been denied then time from I94 expiry date till date of departure will be marked as overstay in my record. is it true ? I thought it should be from Date of denial till date of departure will be used as overstay as you can stay legally for max 240 days if your petition is pending with USCIS ? Please clarify.

> As per USCIS guidelines/laws, What are the consequences of overstay period on my future visa applications ?

> what is the time frame within my company can appeal and can i stay in US during that appeal period ?

> Are there any other options I can avail in denial cases ?

Please let me kow if any other information is needed to answer my queries.

Appreciate your help !

Thanks

Anamika

Archived