H1 Amendment necessary?

ashwin0808

Hi, I applied my H1 last year and got approved for 3 years.I was with a different client when my H1 was approved and now I am in a different client. However, my LCA has been changed after I joined the new project. I wanted to know if changing LCA would be good enough or do I need get amendment done as well before I go for my stamping. I have heard different answers from different people saying it's needed and some saying not needed.Please, let me know what would be the best thing to do and can I know if we could go to Bahamas for stamping and how are the chances there???

Thanks,

Ashwin.

1) Amendment is a must if your client has changed. (There is a condition stating a 35 mile radius ) This has been a requirement long back but nowadays USCIS has become very adamant on this clause.

2) if you are planing to go for stamping pls plan accordingly since nowadays USCIS is considering H1B amendment just like a new application.

3) Bahamas doesnt look like a good option in the present case. My roommate went to Bahamas but he got a 221g asking for more details.

I wanted to know if changing LCA would be good enough or do I need get amendment done as well before I go for my stamping. I have heard different answers from different people saying it's needed and some saying not needed.Please, let me know what would be the best thing to do and can I know if we could go to Bahamas for stamping and how are the chances there???

These days USCIS is looking for amendments for any material change.It's better to have amended petition during the interview.

I think if the job has similar job description and require similar skillset, then a new LCA should suffice. And, if there is a change in job description or skillset, then an amendment is required too.

This is my personal take on this based on the information I have seen on this forum.

An experienced immigration attorney should be able to answer this better.

I think if the job has similar job description and require similar skillset, then a new LCA should suffice. And, if there is a change in job description or skillset, then an amendment is required too.

This is my personal take on this based on the information I have seen on this forum.

An experienced immigration attorney should be able to answer this better.

legally he needs to amend his h1

and cost of doing it is 360$+ attorney fee..

as far as i know lot of attorney they charge 300$ fee ..

for 700$ your employer does not need to violate immigration law ..

"My 3 friends went to the stamping without H1 amendment, all of their H1's got stamped. This is not my advice, I am just saying about my friends."

=> If it's not an advice then why are you putting here? What's the point is saying that my 3 friends are working without any work authorization?

Archived