H-1 Sponsor and Transfer

polka.nj

I have joined a indian consultancy for an IT course training cum placement. I am currently a Postdoctoral researcher in an reputed university on H-1B visa (academic). In order to get my quota based regular H-1B, I would have to secure a Job offer by April or May and file for H-1B immediately to secure employment in October 1st 2013. Heard from the consultancy that most employers would never wait for the interim period of May (suppose I get job offer in May) till October 01st. So it seems like difficult for me to get a H-1B visa.

(1) Can the consultancy sponsor me a H-1B by providing me an me an Internal project?

I have a PhD in chemistry and the software Job Iam interested is SAS-Clinical programmer. The consultancy is specially conducting only SAS Clinical course cum placement.

I got a response from the forum (Murthy) that I cannot get a H-1B by getting a job as SAS-Clinical programmer with a degree in chemistry . I know a friend of mine who has did a MS in Chemistry, is now a SAS-Clinical Programmer with a H-1B. This happened in Year 2008, not sure if the same rule (STEM Degree & Profession) applies still today.

(2) Anyone could you confirm if I can get a H-1B by getting a job as SAS-Clinical programmer with degree in chemistry. SAS-clinical programming requires science background (biomedical, biochemistry, biology etc.,). I have extensively used SAS software for my PhD thesis and in my undergrad for statistical analysis and to generate graphs and tables.

(3) My third question is, can the consultancy sponsor me a 2013 H-1B and keep me on bench without pay until they find me a Job. Lets say for a period of 2 months (October and November).

(4) My fourth question is, if I have applied for H-1B with Company "X" and suppose it is approved in June 2013, can I do the H-1B transfer to company "Y" in September 2013 and start my new employment with company "Y" in October 2013.

(5) My fifth question, whether a consultancy can sponsor a H-1B without a Job offer. I heard they can do. Could you tell me how they do in general.

(3) My third question is, can the consultancy sponsor me a 2013 H-1B and keep me on bench without pay until they find me a Job.

And another thing: On H1 you have to get paid ALL THE TIME, even on bench. That's the law!

You really need to stop trying to get around the laws!

Find a real job in YOUR field of study, trying to get a job in IT with your degree is NOT going to work!

Archived