Passport renewal questions

ArjunReddy9

Hi All,

Could someone please answer the below questions?

1). Address on Passport - I have given my Indian address here. Do I have to get any proof of address of it?

2). Other address - I have given my current U.S apartment address. I just moved in, so I guess taking a copy of lease form is ok for this or should I take something else?

3). Application fee - What is the difference between ordinary booklet and jumbo booklet? Which one should I pay for?

4). Change of appearance - My passport pic has me with mustache Now, I am clean shaved. Do I have to fill in in the Affidavit for change of appearance form?

If yes, what does the below mean?

(This Affidavit may be signed and attested in presence of a Magistrate/Notary/Consular Officer)

5). Birth certificate - Do I have to carry this with me?

6). Identification marks - Should these match my 10th education certificate or can I give something more clear?

Really appreciate your answers..

Thanks

Check these two documents which should be helpful:

1: Sample Application form

2: Checklist

- I used US address in the address to be on Passport and Address in India as Other address. You need address proof for first one but not for second one. For address in India, I had electricity bill with me but didn't have to use it.

- Regular is 36 pages and jumbo is 60. There's difference in fees. If you travel a lot and think you might run out of pages due to all immigration stamps, get jumbo or else for normal travel 36pages is fine.

- Identification mark should be anything doesn't have to match the 10th marksheet.

- Birth Certification not needed but no harm in carrying with you.

Hope this helps.

Archived