Visa Approved-but Administrative Processing

aneelreddy

I went to attend H1 visa in Oct 2012 and Visa Officer said I need to amend my H1b Visa and he did not give any 221g slip, but sent my petition to consulate to examine.

I have amended my H1b and went for stamping again in 13th Dec 2012. Visa Officer told me "Your Visa is Approved, You'll receive your passport within a week time". Now It's been a month, no signs of my passport.

I have tracked my case status both of above cases are in Administrative processing. How come they considered both for the Admin processing?

Is there any one with similar situation? Waiting is frustrating.

I had the same issues. I went for Visa restamping (H1 for myself) and H4 for my family on Jan3,2013. VO told us that our visas have been approved and kept passports. So far we have not recevied our passports. We missed our flights and my kids are missing schools. On Website CEAC.state.gove the statsu shows "Adminstrative precessing". Any advice what to do.It is really frustrating.

I too had a h1 b stamping interview on 9th Jan at Toronto, officer took the passport and said i could collect it in 3-5 business days from loomis branch. I went back to the embassey on the 5th day and found out that i'm on Admin Processing, checked the case status and shows in AP and can take several weeks or longer. I specifically asked if it was 221 g of PIMS and they said no. I was not given any slip. I have all legit documents but they did not ask for anything and neither have they sent me any email asking for anything.

This is my 5th or 6th H1 stamping and the 2nd from canada. Rest all have been successful always.

Totally frustrated and worried about my work in US, I cannot work from canada due to the nature of my job.

I had the same issues. I went for Visa restamping (H1 for myself) and H4 for my family on Jan3,2013. VO told us that our visas have been approved and kept passports. So far we have not recevied our passports. We missed our flights and my kids are missing schools. On Website CEAC.state.gove the statsu shows "Adminstrative precessing". Any advice what to do.It is really frustrating.

My Via interview was in New Delhi. Today around 3 weeks gone. We haven't received our passports back. The staus in still administrative processing.Please advise any action I need to take.
  • 3 weeks later...

@Hank_82

It is the client address, which is there I-129.

But your employer is at other location, and they control your work, so dont you have to write your employer address, instead of client address -- LCA is for labor certification, and I-129 is also for petition -- Dont you need to have employer for Temporary Work Visa Information -- I heard, writing client details on DS-160 could cause lot more trouble.

• 2 weeks later...

I have received my passport with stamped visa.

Congrats. Few days ago, you updated here that, you got refusal email for your petition not being amended, and now you got passport with the stamped visa -- can you please let us know, if you submitted or if you were being asked about some more documents in between? ..

• 2 months later...

HI arminderpalsingh,

Have got your visa stamped?. How many days it took for you to get the PP from consulate since you attaened the interview?

I am also same situation. Counselor officer(HYD) told that my visa is approved and kept the passport,but status is showing as Admin process. Is there any direct way to contact Counselor officer ?

Thanks

Kumar

Archived