H4-f1 OPT eligibility

vn9185

I have a question regarding the eligibility for OPT , I have completed 1 year of studies on H4. For teh next two terms I will be on F1. So will I be eligible for OPT ? My doubt is because the rule says you need to be on F1 for 1 year. But while I am on F1 starting jan 2013, I will be applying for OPT around october as the graduation would be Dec 2013. So though I have not completed 1 year , I am on F1 for two semesters. So will I be granted opt?

Thanks in advance.

I have a question regarding the eligibility for OPT , I have completed 1 year of studies on H4. For teh next two terms I will be on F1. So will I be eligible for OPT ? My doubt is because the rule says you need to be on F1 for 1 year. But while I am on F1 starting jan 2013, I will be applying for OPT around october as the graduation would be Dec 2013. So though I have not completed 1 year , I am on F1 for two semesters. So will I be granted opt?

Thanks in advance.

You need to be a Full time F1 student for at-least one year to get eligible for OPT. In your case I don't think you meet that requirement.

I have a question regarding the eligibility for OPT , I have completed 1 year of studies on H4. For teh next two terms I will be on F1. So will I be eligible for OPT ? My doubt is because the rule says you need to be on F1 for 1 year.

For OPT, the rule does not say that.

The rule says that you have to be enrolled and in good standing for a year. The enrollment does not all have to be in F1.

Archived