h1b stamping at hyderabad

hbgh1b

I had my interview on jan 5th. When i entered the consulate First the system could not recognize my ds 160 when they scanned it. Soi filled out a new ds 160 on the spot and then went to the vo. He asked for all documents and i gave everything. But he said he could not find my information in the database. So he took all my original docs but did not take my passport. No 221g were issued. He said wait for 10 days we will send you an email and tell you when to submit your passport, what to do next.

Did anybody have similar issue of ds 160 not been recognized by system . Is it a positive sign tht the vo didnot take my passport and didnot issue any 221g slips.

Im a contractor but have all legit docs .

Hi,

I am facing similar situation now.I am currently in Pune,India.I am holding a US Business Visa valid till 2017.I have visited couple of times earlier with MY b1 VISA.

Now I found a company in US,who is willing to hire me as their employee in US.But we doN't have much time.So I am trying to find out

1).If I can first travel to US on my existing B1 visa and start working there and then apply for change of status(from B1 to L1/H1) after reaching US ?

2).Suppose if i get approval for change of status while in US,do I need to come back to India again for H1/L1 stamping ?

3). Did anyone here has experience in changing the status from B1 to H1 while staying in US ?

Request you to please respond as I am dying to find this out,

Thanks,

Abhay Joshi

Archived