221g White Slip [EVC] - Chennai Consulate

anadmin

Hi,

I live in the US for last 5 years and in December 2011 when I applied for a H1 transfer, USCIS took almost 1 year to approve it but without i94 (I797C).

So I came to Chennai for visa stamping.

12/13 - H1B Interview at Chennai Consulate. VO retained all original documents and issued me a 221g white slip without checking 'Your application requires additional administrative processing before a final decision...' along with my passport.

12/21 - Dropped all the mentioned documents (offer letter, client letter, updated contract and vendor letter) along with my passport.

01/08 - Collected passport(only) from Blue Dart without visa stamping . Neither letter mentioning why passport is returned without visa stamp nor the original documents taken from me at the time of interview has been in the envelope.

Does it mean my visa application has been rejected/denied or is it still under admin process. I checked CEAC website, which still says, 'Under Admin Processing' with created date as 12/12 and last updated date stamp as 12/13.

Please share if anyone has gone through the same scenario.

Thanks,

John

• 2 weeks later...

John,

Looks like your case is in Administrative Processing. If you would like to confirm, you may send an email to the consulate and they should be able to confirm to you that it is under administrative processing. Let you client, vendor and employer know about the situation and tell them that they may receive a call to confirm project details/employment.

Keep checking CEAC website for status update. My case was also in Administrative Processing and finally issued. So, Have faith in God and wait patiently.

Hi Mskataru

i am also in the same situation. Appeared for H1 interview at chennai consulate on 17th Jan 2013. 2 rounds of interview have happened for a total 1 hr 10 mins duration.

Asked all the Q's with respect to my academic, experience, employer and client.

Finally they have handed over the 221G white saying additional administrative processing.

Reason what they told is they need to reverify the relevance between my academic qualification and the h1b employment as i am a non technical post graduate and working as Oracle ERP functional consultant.

How long it took for you in total to clear the process.

Ever heard the type of query they put for me?

Regards

Sudhakar

John,

Looks like your case is in Administrative Processing. If you would like to confirm, you may send an email to the consulate and they should be able to confirm to you that it is under administrative processing. Let you client, vendor and employer know about the situation and tell them that they may receive a call to confirm project details/employment.

Keep checking CEAC website for status update. My case was also in Administrative Processing and finally issued. So, Have faith in God and wait patiently.

Hello Sudhakar,

Sorry to hear that. But, do you have any professional certification or training relevant to your work? If yes that might help.

In my case, I attended my interview in Canada. My administrative processing took about a month and then I got response within a week. But I hear in India it is taking more time. But it depends on case to case. Make sure you inform your client, employer and vendor if any.

Also, I am not sure if it helps to submit any documentation which proves you have required skills/training/certifications relevant to your current job duties.

Wish you all the best!

Hi Mskataru

thanks for your reply. i have a certification from oracle as certified oracle financials functional consultant. and working in the same technology for the last 9 years.

its been 10 days since i got the query (17th Jan) at chennai. Hoping for the best and would get cleared at least in 2 months time.

Regards

Sudhakar

Hello Sudhakar,

Sorry to hear that. But, do you have any professional certification or training relevant to your work? If yes that might help.

In my case, I attended my interview in Canada. My administrative processing took about a month and then I got response within a week. But I hear in India it is taking more time. But it depends on case to case. Make sure you inform your client, employer and vendor if any.

Also, I am not sure if it helps to submit any documentation which proves you have required skills/training/certifications relevant to your current job duties.

Wish you all the best!

Hello Sudhakar,

Sorry to hear that.

You will get your visa, may be with delays because of admin process. As far as I studied many cases in different forums, for already issued H1B, relevant educational qualification is not a constraint and there is no rule saying that you should work in the same area as your masters degree in.

Many cases including mine have masters in a different (non-technical/ non-software) disciplines, and got H1B visas. We have been working in USA since a long time, with a couple of H1B extensions.

So trust in god and be patient, you will get your visa soon.

If you don’t mind, Can you please update, if you are in EVC or full time, how long you have been in USA, previous visa was with same employer etc..?

I have plans for visa stamping soon. I am not on EVC model and second H1B extension after 6 years.

Thanks,

pinusa

Hi Pinusa

Thanks for your support. I am not in US. Previous H1b stamping was from a different employer but i never came to US. Because of the market crunch in 2008 i couldn't take a bold decision at that time.

This time it is from a different employer on EC model. I had a 1hr 10 mins interview by 2 different consulate officers. They interviewed me from all aspects, i.e. indian employment history, roles, responsibilities, gone through each company role and responsibilities in detail line by line.

Education - any IT subjects in my courses, certification i did, diploma course from a training institure , ITIL foundation certificate

US employer

Client etc.

After all they have handed over the 221G only with the academic relevance concern. Took my original PG & marks memo, foreign degree evaluation certificate, client documents thats all.

Regards

Sudhakar

Hello Sudhakar,

Sorry to hear that.

You will get your visa, may be with delays because of admin process. As far as I studied many cases in different forums, for already issued H1B, relevant educational qualification is not a constraint and there is no rule saying that you should work in the same area as your masters degree in.

Many cases including mine have masters in a different (non-technical/ non-software) disciplines, and got H1B visas. We have been working in USA since a long time, with a couple of H1B extensions.

So trust in god and be patient, you will get your visa soon.

If you don’t mind, Can you please update, if you are in EVC or full time, how long you have been in USA, previous visa was with same employer etc..?

I have plans for visa stamping soon. I am not on EVC model and second H1B extension after 6 years.

Thanks,

pinusa

John, Any update on your case?

Still waiting to hear from to them. I submitted the requested documents on Dec 21, 2012 and client has received a mail from DOS on the second week of Jan, 2013. As per my client, they have responded immediately with all requested information.

Will update if there is any change in the status.

John,

mskataru

I know the processing time varies from case to case but just want to know like how much time did your case took ?

Can you please post the date & time of each stage starting from the initial interview ?

Thanks,

John

Archived