Email to Return to embassy : Ottawa

sr_h1b

Hello,

I got an email from embassy as below:

In order to complete the application process, please return to the US Embassy Monday to Friday between 9:30 – 10:00am (except on US and Canadian holidays). Please proceed to window 5 when you arrive.

Please print and present this e-mail to the guards in order to be admitted to the Embassy.

Please advise if you are currently outside of Canada.

What does it mean generally? I think if the visa is to be approved, they clearly mention submit your passport. I sent them an email back saying I am outside Canada as I had to travel due to emergency and waiting to hear back. Please share your experiences.

Just FYI -

Attended Visa interview - 1st week of November @ Ottawa : Got a white 221g

Travelled to India after a week

Dec 18 : Client got an email asking for questions

Dec 26 : Client replied,he messed up the answers stating I work for 20 hours or more as per demand though he was informed to tell us before replying so that we answer appropriately.

Dec 27 : Consulate asked for clarification

Dec 31 : I mentioned I work for 20 hours minimum and beyond 40 also. Also I work for in house projects and other clients on an on-demand basis

Jan 02 : Asked for Tax returns of my employer

Jan 03 : Sent tax returns of employer for past 2 years

Jan 07 : Got an email to return to embassy.......not sure why? Positive or negative? Not sure if they will revoke or issue visa. Some forum posts says they revoke when you get such emails, please share your experiences or views.

Yes he was with in Canada . he Stayed there for abt a month .

Please can you share some more details about what happened with him.

What was his case? What happened when he returned to the embassy?

Any documents asked or was it approved same day itself with no further processing?

In my case they have mentioned -

Monday to Friday between 9:30 – 10:00am (except on US and Canadian holidays).

Whereas for other posts in this forum, they have mentioned particular day such as Tue/Thu

or Mon and so on.

Does this have any implied meaning?

Proceed to Window 5

I suppose that is the window where you get the pre-screening done. I am worried if it would be

to submit the passport or a denial with documents returned.

Anyone, please share your experience or views.

I also got similar email two weeks back and I am returning to Ottawa on Jan 21st.

Please lemme know if anyone is going prior to 22nd.

Please share whatever happens with you. Also share your contact details and email

so that we can keep updating each other. I will be there a week later.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived