EAD expiring Feb 10th, renewal applied Nov 6th

desiramta

Hi,

My EAD is going to expire on Feb 10th, and I have already applied for a renewal on Nov 6th. I have only received a Initial receipt from USCIS and nothing else. I am a little worried, if I do not get it my the time the current one expires, what will be my status? I work for a Big Fortune 500 company, and they are on my tail to get the renewal ASAP, or they will have to terminate my employment. Please suggest, how can I keep working while waiting for approval.

1) Will I be out of status w/o valid EAD and have to leave the country

2) Is local USCIS office of any help in this matter as it is not past the 90 day mark?

Thanks,

Desi

It looks like USCIS is pretty quick in processing EAD renewal's. They received my renewal applicaiton on Dec 26(receipt date) and I got a mail yesterday, Jan 15, that it was approved. Soon after that, I got another mail that they had sent the card to be produced and this morning I got a third mail saying the card had been mailed. That's 20 days from receipt of application to mailing of the card. My current card expires on April 19, 2013. I hope the new card expires in 2 years!

Archived