Visa Interview experience at Hyderabad - 2min, Easy, Straight-Foward, F1->H1B

droidsg4

Hello Everybody,

Here I put down my Visa Experience on December 4th 2012, 10AM slot. I know it's too late

9:30AM - Waited in the line out side the consulate.

9:40AM - Got passport, appointment letter with the bar-code verified by a security guard.

9:45 AM - Entered the main gate and found a open seating area where every interviewee will be asked to take out passport, appointment letter, visa approval document (I-797C for a H1B applicant)

9:55AM - Security check where all your document folders (If any), pat down, belts, wallets etc., are screened for safety

10:05AM - You enter a nice gardened area with a protected top walk way to the consulate building. You wait in the seating area in a queue.

10:15AM - A person came out of the building asking a group of 4 to enter the finger printing area, where your finger prints will be verified

10:20AM- Now it is my turn to enter the finger printing area along with 3 other unknowns and got it done with in 2min after entering the building

10:25AM- Got out and waited in the same seating area but in a different seat.

10:35AM - Got called in for document and payment verification. This time all the 3 documents (Passport, Appointment Confirmation Letter and I-797C) are pinned together with a ticket. This is the number by which you will be called into the interview area. So, keep the ticket safe.

10:40AM - Got out to seating area waited for about 30-45min doing nothing just waiting, seeing around, watching other people, listening to elder's conversation about their kid's wedding, blah blah blah

11:15AM - Finally the moment came and my ticket number was called. Went in with 2 others waiting in line with me. Sat on the couch provided for us to sit (Right in-front of the interview window)

11:20AM - It is my turn now.

These were the questions asked

VO : How are you?

Me: Doing good. How are doing officer?

VO: Great! Can I have your documents please.

Me : Sure. Her you go

VO: What do you do?

Me: I work as XXXX at XXXX (Employer Name)

VO: Did you do your Masters?

Me: Yes I did at XXXX with Master's in Computer Science in 2010 (But i graduated in 2009. Looks like VO ddin't catch that)

VO: Ok good. Can I have your pay stubs?

Me: Sure. Here you go

VO: Typed for 15 sec didn't talk anything and the magic words came through. YOUR VISA HAS BEEN ISSUED. GOOD LUCK.

Me: Awesome. Thanks a lot you have a great day.

Forgot to tell you that I got interviewed by an Indian origin person with perfect american accent.

I thought of going to Canada for stamping but I didn't have enough to make appointment scheduled in any of the locations. So, my sincere suggestion is if you are having all the documents and have couple of days available then visit India for the interview. The new visa process is very very very good and organized. Got my passport by 7th to my home town at blue dart location. They called me to pick my passport at my convenience.

Archived