Contact officers in the MHRD, State Home Dept and Regional Passport Office?

ak1977

Hi All,

Does anyone who the contact officers are at the Ministry of human resources development, the Tamil Nadu Home Department and the Regional Passport office? I am trying to write cover letters and do not quite know who to address it to.

Also if anyone had any advice on what to write in this cover letter, that would be very welcome.

Thank you

Hi ak1977,

I am myself beginning with this process, hence I cannot advise you anything in confidence of whom to address the letters. However, I want to enquire what form did you use for NORI ? Was it www.indianembassy.org/form_files/Form_Pdf_66.pdf or any other form ?

Also, whom whom did you get the form attested and notarized ? Any specific agency or the notary agents who are there present outside govt offices would work ?

Any help would be appreciated in this regard !

- guitaromaniac

The cover letter has to mention that you are on a J1 subject to 2 years HRR and applying for a NORI (J1 waiver from 2 years HRR). All the authorities are well versed with this kind of application and they would understand it.

For attestation of the NORI form it has to be done by the Consulate of India that falls in your jurisdiction. For documents to be attached with NORI form you could get it from a notary at your bank. Normally it is free.

As for contact officers to send the NORI after attestation from Consulate of India you have to address it to the concerned department. From my experience MHRD, Delhi will be relatively quick. Also from passport office it will be quick but it is based how quick the report is sent from your local police station. The local police will not know about this process and it is better to inquire with them in two or three weeks after you have confirmation that your NORI form has reached passport office. It takes a good amount of time from the Govt. of Tamil Nadu.

Good luck.

Archived