Successful stamping in Toronto on Jan 2nd 2013

subash1233

Hi All,

I am in my 6 th year of my H1 B. Attended Toronto consulate on Jan 2nd 2013 (wednesday). Interview @ 8:00 am

Stood in line @ 7:40 am... There were about 10 people infront of me. Be prepared for the gruesome Toronto Winter. Finally entered consulate around 8:15 am. Went thru security screening & another person checking DS-160 confirmation and Passport pickup location & kept Passport & 797 in a folder. Entered the room & stood in another line where they take passport & 797 & assign a token. Waiting for my token to be called for finger prints. Gave finger prints then waiting for the interview. Finally around 9:00 am my token was called.

American Interviewer.

Me: Hello sir. How are you this morning?

VO: I am good. How are u gentelman

Me: I am good sir.

VO: So you are applying for an H1-B Extension.

Me: yes sir

VO: who is your employer?

Me: XXXXXX

VO: DO you have a client. Name?

Me: YYY company. Gave him the client letter as well

VO: how long have you been with them

Me: ZZZZ years

VO: how long have you been in US??

Me: some X years

Vo: what was ur highest qualification of education?

Me: Masters in CS from XXX

VO: What was ur major in MS/what was ur project in Masters.

Me: (to be frank i dont remember details of my Masters project. not prepared for this question).. Told him blah, blah blah...

VO: Can I see ur LCA?

Me: gave him the LCA

VO: Can i see ur w2 or tax returns. Tax returns preferable

Me; Gave him the last 2 yrs tax return

he validated the amounts both in LCA & Taxx returns

He took the white form. Looking for my latest visa in the passport. He looked at it & said ur visa expired in 2010. I said, i haven't left country from then. He went inside, came back after 5 mins and asked, so ur employer filed extension after that?? I said Yes.

VO: I am recommending for ur visa. You should receive ur passport in 3-5 business days

He gave the Loomis/Waybill instructions & kept my PP & 797

I got an email from Loomis on Thursday night that my Passport was picked up.

Friday morning, checked http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/ss_country_welcome

Application status says" Ready for Pickup"

Picked my PP.

If you are attending in the Winter, be prepared for the cold toronto winters & bring ur winter apparel .

Archived