Help with EAD form

newimmiigrant

Hello friends,

I am applying for my EAD myself and need help with two questions.

1)Question on previous EAD applications:

Two years ago I had applied for EAD/485, concurrently with my I-140. My EAD was approved within a month when 140/485 was pending. Unfortunately, after nearly 1year, my I-140 was rejected. Along with it 485 was denied. Recently I applied for I-140 again and it was approved last month. I have to file fresh I-485/EAD. In the new EAD form, should I check that my previous EAD was granted or denied? Because it was initally granted while 485 was pending, but later ended when 485 was denied.

2) Eligibility category for EAD

I know that my category is C9. What is my wife's category if she is filing with me? She is currently on H4 and not working.

Also it will be best if you could tell me the current processing time for EAD in dallas office. Please reply as soon as possible. My H1b will expire in March second week, so I am in a rush.

Thanks

If an EAD was ever granted, then you should check that it was granted, regardless if the I-485 was denied later.

If you are applying for an EAD based on your pending I-485 application, per the USCIS instructions the category is C9.

The current processing times for EADs at all USCIS offices is approximately 90 days.

Archived