Applied OPT, but still have 1 more semester to graduate

TylerLee

Hi,

Fall 2012 was supposed to be my last semester so I applied OPT 2 weeks ago with hoping that I could pass all my courses. However, I couldn't pass 1 course that I need for graduation. Now, I need to take that class again in Spring 2013. My question is

Do I still have a chance to get OPT now?

Irrespective to your graduation, you will get your OPT approved. But the question is you need your graduation completed for applying OPT stem extension. You have to start working or you may have issues when filing for OPT Stem extension (unemployment period). So start re doing the course and start doing a job so that you will not have unemployment issues.

• 2 weeks later...

Hi,

Fall 2012 was supposed to be my last semester so I applied OPT 2 weeks ago with hoping that I could pass all my courses. However, I couldn't pass 1 course that I need for graduation. Now, I need to take that class again in Spring 2013. My question is

Do I still have a chance to get OPT now?

Did you receive acknowledgement letter for OPT? if not you can talk to DSO and withdraw you application, see if you can call directly to approving office.

If you already have acknowledgement letter/ receipt of application, its simply waste of OPT timeline. make sure you apply for extension before end date on card.

Good Luck.

Archived