H1B Amendment

Jaguar09

Hello Gurus,

I have changed my client location which is not far but a couple of miles from my previous location but I am with the same client since my H1 start date.

When I told my employer about this he said we need to amend LCA but my question is do we also need to do H1 amendment. I have read in one of the post saying when we go for stamping VO checks LCA, Client Letter and I129 Petition form for address.

If this true ?? if so then I will have client letter and LCA as new address and I129 petition will be my previous address.

Please help me out what should I do. I am planning to go for my stamping in Feb as I am with the same client since my H1 start date.

Thank You

hey i was on the same state of confusion 'after reading tons of comments on forums/other sites' on whether to go for " h1amendment or only update LCA is good enough for stamping "?.

after all those drama, i decided to go for h1 amendment as i didn't get any satisfactory answer from anyone ( forum,uscis,attorney). i postponed my visa stamping to last week of March...

so my advice based on exp, don't rely on someone to give you a perfect answer , if you are ready to take risk - go with out amendment, else get amended and get it stamped ( then the trip to canada will be a vacation trip).

good luck

Hi bijuyes80

Thanks for your reply, Few people are saying its not required as my location change is not very far(2miles only). How about your case ?? Are you in same city/state as before ? If we do amendment then does that mean we are applying for new H1 and approval of H1B might change to 1 yr instead of 3yrs as my present state??

Also how many days it might take for this amendment ??

Any inputs are appreciated

Thanks

hi jaguar,

I was in the same situation too. Actually I didn't even know about amendment till my HR told me.

as per my understanding if you change your client location with the same employer and still working for them, then you need to amend your LCA only. but if you want to go for stamping you have to amend your H1 too.

so if you plan to attend visa interview you must amend your H1 and so I did.

Hi bijuyes80

Thanks for your reply, Few people are saying its not required as my location change is not very far(2miles only). How about your case ?? Are you in same city/state as before ? If we do amendment then does that mean we are applying for new H1 and approval of H1B might change to 1 yr instead of 3yrs as my present state??

Also how many days it might take for this amendment ??

Any inputs are appreciated

Thanks

2 miles could lead to another city. so i think you should amend.

you got the legitimate doubt (If we do amendment then does that mean we are applying for new H1 and approval of H1B might change to 1 yr instead of 3yrs as my present state??)

That is why get your vendor and client letters (while applying for H1 amend) with your project end date is your H1 end date. It won't guarantee you that you will get 3yrs but there are lot of chances to get the new validity as your current validity period. I did the same thing and I got it for the same period.

Archived