L1 visa renewal

vehementuser65

Hi,

I work for a large multinational company and I have an approved blanket L1 petition valid till 2014. I have scheduled an appointment for my L1 visa renewal (for both me and my L2 spouse) in the next few weeks. Unfortunately, I seem to have lost the DS160 confirmation numbers/application numbers. I need to take the DS160 confirmation page with barcode for both of us to the interview. What should I do? A few more details about my problems:

1. I filled the DS160 couple of times and I have two different application ids, I do not know which one I used when I booked the appointment -- the appointment confirmation letter does not have that information either. I do not even know if the number that I used is actually one of those 2 numbers. What should I do about my own DS160?

2. For my spouse, I semi-filled the DS160 (did not submit), and have the number of the semi-fiiled DS160. That DS160 now does not even let me to submit my spouse's digital photograph (there is no option for doing that anymore). What should I do for this DS-160?

From reading through all the forums, now I am completely lost. What I gathered from searching for the last 4 hours through the internet is that I shouldn't even have been able to make the appointment without submitting the DS160. The truth is I have been able to make an appointment, and I suspect the reason is because the DS-160 application number and the confirmation number are the same thing and it has nothing to do with having to actually submit the DS-160.

Does the consulate even accept DS-160's that are submitted after the visa application?

We may have to go back to India soon to attend to a possible family emergency, so rescheduling is an extremely risky option for us. I look forward to your help in this regard.

Thank you.

Archived