passport is under process at the Embassy/Consulate

saurabhn

I attended visa interview in New Delhi on 6th December.

I was told your visa is approved but yet I did not got any notification about visa dispatch or delivered mail. I checked the status online it shows me it is in post.

I did not got any RFP or query.

I called mailed multiple time every time I got following response.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, your passport is under process at the Embassy/Consulate.

What should I do ? What might be the reason ? Does anybody has any suggestion ?

You could be under Administrative Processing. My Case is similar. I appeared for interview on 12 Dec 2012 at New Delhi Consulate, India and didn't receive the passport till date (3rd Jan 2012). When I sent the mail at "Support-India@USAtraveldocs.com" then they informed me that I am under Administrative Processing, 221(g). My Visa interview was successful and Office told me that my Visa is approved and I would get my passport within 4-5 business days, but it never happend.

You can check the status of your application at:

https://ceac.state.gov/CEACStatTracker/Status.aspx

I attended visa interview in New Delhi on 6th December.

I was told your visa is approved but yet I did not got any notification about visa dispatch or delivered mail. I checked the status online it shows me it is in post.

I did not got any RFP or query.

I called mailed multiple time every time I got following response.

With regards to your query, we would like to inform you that, your passport is under process at the Embassy/Consulate.

What should I do ? What might be the reason ? Does anybody has any suggestion ?

Hi Saurabhn,

I am from Delhi too and since the new system rolled out (USTraveldocs) I think it is up to the applicant to pick up the passport after stamping from selected pick up location (mine was BEP case so I am assuming if delivery was possible company would have it delivered to their office). Check you appointment letter and your pick up location should be mentioned there.

Also you can drop a mail to passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com with ONLY your passport number in subject as well as body of email. You will get status email in 10-20 seconds. If it is "Ready for pick up" then collect it from pick up location.

Also you can use your DS160 confirmation number/application ID to track your case status at https://ceac.state.g...er/Status.aspx. If it is "Issued" or "Ready" you are golden.

USTraveldocs has an option of online chat as well from within the website as well as through skype (ustraveldocs-india).

Reach out to them and hopefully you will get your passport soon.

Rajat

Thank you.

I applied for H1B visa with my wife for dependent H4 in New Delhi. We applied under one application and I showed her as dependent. We attended visa interview together.

I checked the status an it is showing administrative process. But up till now I did not get any mail for asking additional documents and on her mail address too.

Although there is very interesting thing I observed. My wife's status update on 6 December and mine on 10 December. Does it mean anything ?

@pavan12

Status on https://ceac.state.g...er/Status.aspx. is shown as administrative processing. Here are the details:

Application ID or Case Number: AAXXXXXXXX Case Creation Date: 11-Dec-2012 Status Updated Date: 12-Dec-2012

Your visa case is currently undergoing necessary administrative processing. This processing can take several weeks. Please follow any instructions provided by the Consular Officer at the time of your interview. If further information is needed, you will be contacted. If your visa application is approved, it will be processed and mailed/available within two business days.

Archived