221(g) after successful Interivew and H1B Approved by Officer: No slip issued during interview

infyguy

Hi All,

I work in EVC Model in USA.

I appeared for my H1B Visa Interview on 12 Dec 2012 at New Delhi Consulate and Officer told me that my H1B was approved and I should receive my passport in 3-4 days. But I didn’t received my Passport till now (3rd Jan 2013), so I logged the Case with the VIsa support team to track my passport.

In response to the case support team informed me that my application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing.

I didn’t receive any 221 (g) slip from consulate officer at the time of interview (As I was told that my Visa is approved), neither did I receive any request by mail/ phone for providing any documents/ requesting additional information from consulate after the interview.

My Passport is still with the embassy and I am now waiting for my 221(g) to be resolved, though I don't know if I need to do anything other than wait.

Has anybody faced this problem of 221(g) after successful Visa Interview and being told me Consular office that you are approved.

I am in lot of stress now as it has been almost a month and I had to cancel my flight ticket.

Hi All,

I work in EVC Model in USA.

I appeared for my H1B Visa Interview on 12 Dec 2012 at New Delhi Consulate and Officer told me that my H1B was approved and I should receive my passport in 3-4 days. But I didn’t received my Passport till now (3rd Jan 2013), so I logged the Case with the VIsa support team to track my passport.

In response to the case support team informed me that my application is pending under Section 221(g) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) for administrative processing.

I didn’t receive any 221 (g) slip from consulate officer at the time of interview (As I was told that my Visa is approved), neither did I receive any request by mail/ phone for providing any documents/ requesting additional information from consulate after the interview.

My Passport is still with the embassy and I am now waiting for my 221(g) to be resolved, though I don't know if I need to do anything other than wait.

Has anybody faced this problem of 221(g) after successful Visa Interview and being told me Consular office that you are approved.

I am in lot of stress now as it has been almost a month and I had to cancel my flight ticket.

Hi Infyguy,

I understand your situation. It is very frustrating. There could be two possibilities:-

1. They are doing the employment and employer verification which generally takes 4-6 weeks and is not very uncommon. However generally they do mention that your visa is approved but we need to do some background verification. If this is the case then sit tight and don't worry you will get your Visa soon. Delhi responds in 6-8 weeks on 221(g) from what I have gathered.

2. If this was an extension then the client (or work address) that is mentioned in I-129 might be different from what is mentioned in LCA (this can happen when you changed client after you filed for extension). This would be tricky as there is discrepancy in information. Most possibly they might deny the visa. You can ask your employer to get the I-129 amended with correct information on work location in priority (ideally I-129 should be amended whenever work location changes). Submit the new I-129 and that might help.

Best of luck,

Rajat

Hello Infyguy,

I am also in the same boat. However I attended my visa interview in Toronto, Canada on 17th Dec 2012 and still waiting for my passport. During the interview the officer approved my visa and told me that I will receive my passport in 3-5 business days. On the same day evening they sent me an email asking to submit some additional documents, I did. Then on 19th Dec 2012, they called my client to confirm my project details. Since then I have been waiting.

Once I sent an email to get the status update. They replied saying it is under 221g administrative processing. As mentioned by Rajat, it take few weeks.

Wish you all the best!

• 1 month later...

Archived