H4 renewal/stamping documents

rams_135

Hi,

I worked for company A for 3 years. i changed to company B and my H1 also got renewed for another 3 years. i am now in 6th year and my wife is on H4 visa.My wife is planning to go to india and i need to send her to stamping (not eligible for drop box) as i changed the employer and my H1 also got renewed (same for my wife's H4)

as per new vfs site it says

• An original marriage (for your spouse) and/or birth certificate (for unmarried children under 21), as applicable
  • A letter from your spouse's employer confirming his or her continued employment

are those only documents needed ? dont we need to give my paystubs,W2 ,bank statements ? Can some one send me the list of documents needed for H4 renewal ?

also, my employer applied for I 140 ..so i assume there is no issue in sending my wife to india right?

& does my 6 month baby (US Citizen - have PIO card) also needs to be there when my wife attends stamping?

Thanks.

Taking the 6 month baby for the interview is not mandatory, but if she want to take her for the interview she can take her. Just the VO will ask whether she is a US citizen or not.

Then regarding the supporting documents, there are some set of documents listed above the dependents, you need to provide those documents also to your wife, since you are not going for H1 visa stamping.

In most cases, they won't ask my documents, but for safe side we need to carry the immigration file.

Archived