L1B Ext RFE pending - Expiring 240 days

2012ank

Hi,

Here is my case

-My company filed L1B extension for me and got an RFE.

-Company's Attorney filed response in Nov 2012 for RFE.

-Now my 240 days of grace period is expiring and decision is still pending from USCIS.

Question-

-As my 240 days of grace period is expiring i can not work in US. Can i travel back to India and wait for the USCIS decision and if it is approved i can get the VISA stamped in India and come back?

-Is there any adverse effect of my travelling to india while decision is still pending?

One more question i have...

Its more than 60 days since i submitted my RFE response and it still shows under review. If raising a service request can impact adjudication of my petition?

it was suggested that converting it to PP at this stage may have a negative impact and thus not going that route.

Appreciate your responses on this topic!

• 5 months later...

Sorry to jump in

The below mentioned is my case. I want to ensure that this will not cause any reentry issues in future.

My I-94 expired on 04 Dec and the I797 receipt date is 04Dec2012. I was told in my L1 extension receipt that I can stay & work in US for 240 days as long as my pettion is pending. My extension was filed on 29Nov 2012. I am still waiting for the decision.

till what date I can stay in US and authorize to work ? In case nothing comes up by this month end do I need to travel back ? Do they consider holidays and weekends while counting 240 days or just the working days ?

i have applied for H1 and it has been approved by uscis without an I94. The reason provided by uscis says that the L1B extension was denied on 26june 2013 but when I checked my receipt number on Uscis website it's showing " Request for evidence response review ". I have confirmed with my L1 attorney if they have received any notice from uscis and they said NO. Do I need to leave the country or I can wait till I get an approval or denial notice from Uscis.

Generally In the denial notice it is mentioned that this decision may leave you without lawful immigration status and you are required to depart immediately. What in case I travel after a week I get the denial notice. Do I need to wait for the email which is generally sent by uscis.

I have seen a clause in USCIS on 180 day rule. Section 212(a)(9)(B) says 3 yrs and 10 yrs bars. In this case, will this cause any issue to my reentry in US? Are these 180 days counted from my denial notice or from date of i-94 expiry?

Could anyone reply please

Archived