221g in Vancouver for H1b Stamping

h1b_221g_vancouver

Hi,

I applied for my H1b Second Stamp at the Vancouver Consulate on Nov 20th, 2012. I got a white 221(g) and no further documents were requested. My lawyer said that this kind of administrative processing is due to a security background check. There was a typo in my name on the I-797 but my laywer says that shouldn't be a problem and they most probably won't need to re-affirm the petition with USCIS since my passport name matches the LCA, I-129 and all the other documents.

Has anyone applied around the same time and got 221(a) in Vancouver or other posts in Canada? Whether waiting or successfully got the stamp, I would like to share the information and timelines with anyone with similar circumstances.

I've had B1, J1, F1, and H1b Visa's before without any issues, I work for a fortune 500 company, and I have lived in the US for most of the past 5 years without any legal issues what-so-ever, so apparently this has nothing to do with history or credentials.

Also, I have a valid B1 VISA, does anyone know if it's possible to visit the US (without working at all) for a few days to visit family and friends while waiting for the 221(g) to clear? I made sure that the VO didn't cancel the B1 VISA, but as I'm still on payroll for my company I'm afraid that might be illegal.

I can share my email/number in vancouver with anyone who's interested in discussing and sharing information, more of a moral support kind of thing since there's nothing much to be done other than wait and try to speculate on expected clearance time.

Questions I'm interested in getting answers for:

1. Recent statistics about waiting times for white 221(g) in Vancouver.

2. Whether there's a certain time/day of the week where it's more porbable for the consulate to contact me.

3. My wife applied for H4 with me, is it possible that we'd get our 221(g)'s cleared separately or we'll have to wait for each other.

Cheers!

@Visa_stamp

A bunch of us are tracking the progress on the following thread which I think you might find useful:

If you share your email I will add you to the tracking email thread (we have a lot of people waiting from November, December and January). You can reach me at 778.710.1292 everyday after 6 PM PST or just share your email and I'll email you I'm more responsive on email.

Archived