Approved H1B Visa Stamping @ Ottawa

spalla

Hi All,

I am a FTE and before that i worked as a contractor. I did my Masters here in USA. My Appointment was scheduled on 12-24-12, but got an email from embassy on 22nd saying that my Appointment got cancelled

and will reschedule to some other date.

I was bit worried as i made some accommodation plans well ahead. Within an hour i got another email from embassy that they rescheduled it to 12-27-12.

On 27th i reached consulate around 7:30 am ( my appointment was at 8am ) found a public parking opposite to Embassy ( 6am-11am 2$ ) n walked to embassy for 1-2mins in heavy snow.

After the security check-in i've been asked to move towards another hallway where a lady was checking ( Photographs, Passport , DS160 and Confirmation page and I-797) and she enrouted to waiting area... It's a small room which has around 20 chairs and 7 counters. 3rd checkpoint is at counter 7 where they check if we had appointment today or not and give us a Token.

Then they il announce our token number for finger printing. On that day only 2 counters were open.

After fingerprint we have to come back n sit at waiting area as Visa Officers will announce our token number for main interview.

Both Visa officers were happily approving Visas that day n there were around 8-9 people before me who got their visas approved.

It was taking around 1-2 mins for each person.

A Young american VO called me and Asked the following:

VO: Hey How r ya !

Me: Doing good, How abt u?

VO: Alright.

VO: So u did ur master's in XXXX univ?

Me: Initially i was with XXXX univ but after 2 semesters i transfered to YYYY univ and graduated in ZZZ year.

VO: Why did you transferred?

Me: I was offered with Graduate Assisstantship so i ......

VO: So you were with XXX after ur MAsters

Me: Yes

VO: Later you were with YYY?

Me: Yes

VO How long u've been with ZZZ?

Me: X year Y Months.

VO: Do you work at your client place?

Me: No i work at ZZZ headquarters in XXX city YYY state.

VO: What are you?

Me: I'm a Programmer Analyst.

VO: I am approving your VISA. You il get it in 2 days.

Me: Thank you, i have a question

VO: Sure

Me: Can i change Loomis location at this point

VO: Sure u can. " he handed over a printed sheet consists a site information n how to track etc etc ...

Me: Ok Thanks alot and have a nice day.

VO You too , have a nice day.

He didn't asked a single document from my side..... he returned back 797 thats it.

The only suggestion i can give is to be confident n talk to the point n just keep cool..

They will issue VISA if u have right documentation.

EC EVC EVVC doesn't matter wat u are..

I am seeing so many posts by members that Ottawa is not a good place to go... or be prepared to stay there for 3-4 weeks. blah blah is ****......

i got approved on 27th ... loomis updated on 28th....( 29,30,weekend) ... 31st Picked up passport.

Technically 2 business days.

One of my friends who came with me ( she is on EVVC) and VO just asked client letter. and her visa got approved.

The only delay for her was PIMS verification. Even it got finishes today and she got her loomis update today.

Some people here don't know anything and they are just here to make other members afraid.

Thanks Murthy Forum for this wonderful site.

Congrats on your visa spalla.

I have scheduled my interview at Ottawa on Jan 29th. hoping for the best.

I have question though. what is PIMS? do we need to register for it before we attend the interview? and if does, will get the passport quickly after stamping?

because i don't have much window time. going for my marriage which is on Feb 14th. I'm worrying about the time after we get the stamping.

Hi there,

They cancelled my appointment too. I am unable to reschedule the appointment and go past the MRV Fee page. When I try to contact the Customer Service, they told me to wait and they said they cannot do anything. How did your issue got resolved? How did you got the appointment again? I have made all plans for the appointment and I have to cancel everything now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Congrats on your successful Visa approval and thanks for sharing your experience in Ottawa. I have my apptment on Jan 17th. Responses like yours eases the nerves before interview. I have a question is PIMS submission mandatory before one week or optional?

Thanks,

Kishore

Optional. It will automatically updated thru USCIS. If not, it il take 2-3 business days. All the Best

Hi there,

They cancelled my appointment too. I am unable to reschedule the appointment and go past the MRV Fee page. When I try to contact the Customer Service, they told me to wait and they said they cannot do anything. How did your issue got resolved? How did you got the appointment again? I have made all plans for the appointment and I have to cancel everything now. Any help is greatly appreciated.

I've sent an email to consulate saying that i've made prior plans n made motel reservations which are non-refundable ..blah blah.... in an hour after reschedule mail.... they sent me an appointment confirmation email. Did you send any email to embassy?

Congrats on your visa spalla.

I have scheduled my interview at Ottawa on Jan 29th. hoping for the best.

I have question though. what is PIMS? do we need to register for it before we attend the interview? and if does, will get the passport quickly after stamping?

because i don't have much window time. going for my marriage which is on Feb 14th. I'm worrying about the time after we get the stamping.

No, we don't need to register anything prior for PIMS. it il automatically get updated once ur H1 is approved(797). Your employer will update USCIS n all ur details r updated in database. If VO says PIMS verification needs to be done after ur visa approval.. it il take 2-3 business days. Don't worry.

Good Luck

Hi Friends,

I thought to contribute my stories, because I learned a lot from these forums and time to pay it back..or pay it forward :) .

My wife attended her second F1 visa at Ottawa consulate on Jan 8th, 2013..and she said, it was an easy walk,, lasted only 2 mins.

VO Ques: Which college, how did you hear about this college, who is sponsoring your education, you already have MS degree from USA university, who sponsored last time? .. thats it.. Your visa is approved,, you will get passport in 2 to 3 business days.

We were worried a lot because, I am on H1 for more than 8 yrs, I140 approved, whereas F1 is 100% non-immigrant visa.. Moreover, my wife went for F1 visa for a private college for MBA program.

I went to Vancouver a couple of times in past for H1B visa stamping, and I sent a copy of I797 a week before to the consulate for PIMS verification. I wrote email to consulate that I am attaching a copy of I797 for PIMS verification, if needed... Someone suggested this procedure at that time. I never had any problems with H1B visa stamping.. the other reason could be I am fulltime employee for a small civil engineering co.

Thanks to Murthy.com and members and friends sharing information and their stories.

• 1 year later...

Hi

I am going for my second h1b stamping to ottawa in 2 weeks. The first one was in Ottawa too. I have a few qns:

1. I read about PIMS verification in this forum. Is there anything I need to do on my side? My H1b extension was approved in dec 2012, and is valid until dec 2015.

2. I will have to go to Toronto after submitting the passport. I chose a Loomis location in Toronto ( markham) as I plan to fly from there. Will choosing a loomis location other than the one where the embassy/ consulate is in delay the process?

Thanks

Archived