Timeline Update 221G Yellow Mumbai Update - No Docs Required

mpsATL

Friends,

Posting my 221(G) White Mumbai timeline so you know what to expect. I think I was among the lucky ones not having to wait months. In any event, it was an emotional drama, especially since wife and kids were back in the US.

- Fortune 100 company; Directly Employed since 12 years on H1B; Technology Marketing (non-IT)

- Interview date : Nov 25, 2012

- 221G (color and docs asked): White - No Documents Required. Officer gave me my passport back

- Date CEAC barcode appeared on the consulate website: Dec 7,2012 (although it was cleared on the 6th, they never published a list on the 6th)

- Submitted Passport, I797 Copy, 221g photocopy: Dec 10,2012

- Email Received to Collect Passport: Dec 14, 2012 (Went to the OFC collection center, but passport was in Transit from the Consulate; although status showed 'Ready For Pickup'.

- Passport Collected: Dec 17, 2012 9.30am..Visa was stamped on Dec 14th. Said 'Clearance Received Dec 6th).

Flew out same night and am back in the US. No issues at Immigration since I believe US Customs and Border Protection; they only look at the visa I guess, not 'Administrative Processing' information. Not even sure if they have the 'Admin Processing' information.

- Total Time from Interview date to Passport Received: 3 weeks (15 business days).

Other Information

- Check your CEAC barcode PDF on their website (for Mumbai): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/mumbai/395145/pereirals/ .. I used this since sometimes there would be a PDF document on this page, but the main website page (http://mumbai.usconsulate.gov/case-status.html) would show an older date than the most current version.

- You can check status of your passport once you submit passport by emailing 'passportstatus@ustraveldocs.com'. Just include passport number no spaces/dashes in the subject line. Nothing in the body of the email.

Good Luck!!

Archived