GC or Full time job

Hero_123

Hi everyone,

My current employer applied for my GC October 2012 and got labor approved. Still has to apply for I-140. I am already done with stamping once , but stamped date has expired and H1 extension is in process. I have to go india in late 2013, if i go to india again have to go for stamping.

My question is

1. Do you think it is wise idea to go for full time , leave this GC process - becoz of ongoing h1 extension, stamping issues (I got H1 extension RFE and responded as well).

2. Or is it better to stay with this employer for 140 approval and then go for full time, at least I can retain the Priority date.

I have 5 years of H1 left , just done with 1 year.

What option do you think is good

1 or 2

Any other advice is greatly appreciated .

At best anyone can give you is there personal opinion, at the end of the day you'll have to choose.

See, with current backlogs an earlier PD is quite significant in the GC process, so that by itself would suggest wait another 6 mths to an year and preserve your PD from the approved labor. Which could end up saving 4-5 yrs on the GC process in the future.

On the other hand if GC is not something which is your life's priority then go for a good job which will atleast give you a job satisfaction for however long your stay is in the US and then will give you a sound foundation to continue building your career later on where ever life takes you next.

Good Luck!

Archived