Canadian Visitor Visa

h1blues

Hi,

I am trying to submit the application online for Canadian VIsitor Visa. This seems to be a recent development (starting from Dec 15th). Anyone else trying to do that? My IMM 5257 forms (me and my wife) will not get uploaded into the CIC website at all. Just curious if anyone else is facing a similar issue.

An additional question - Is it necessary to book a US Consulate appointment and show the confirmation letter prior to applying for Canadian Visitor Visa? I mean can I apply for a Canadian visa now but book the US h1b consulate appointment later.

Thanks,

h1blues

Hi Vikramrathod,

I tried to upload just a few minutes back. I still am getting the same issue as before.

Your answer is incomplete. Provide the necessary information below to continue.

• You cannot submit an application form that has been scanned from paper.
    Please complete and validate an electronic application form, save it to your computer, and upload it.
    You do not need to sign your application form by hand. You will be asked to provide a digital signature once you are ready to transmit your documents to CIC.

I have downloaded the latest version of Adobe XI which allows me to save the pdf forms and upload them. IMM5257 allows me to save the data and validate the entire form too. Somehow, it is not allowing me to upload the form. I have Windows 8 on my laptop, What OS do you have?

Thanks,

h1blues.

Archived