chennai stamping done - question about 797

Balrog1978

All,

I successfully did my stamping in chennai on Dec 27th. I have a quick question - The VO never took my I797 - just the sealed documents and after telling me my VISA is approved, I came out with the rest of my documents.

Question thats nagging me is - the VO DID NOT take my 797 - just the sealed documents (passport DS160 etc)- how will they know which date to stamp on the passport? Apologize if this sounds very silly :(

HI Balrog : Congrats for your successful Visa stamping . Your thinking is logical , but while applying your H1 your all documents will already be there in their system i guess (PIMS). And it will be very easy for them to find out what is your end date of H1(you will already mention it on your DS 160 and while booking your slot).

BTW Can you elaborate your interview , and were every one getting their visa stamped . As many people who go to stamping at Chennai don't update in Murthy Forums . People who are planning for stamping in Chennai dont have a clear cut idea about the success rate at chennai.

You can share your details at reach.hus@gmail.com looking forward to talk to you ..

Thanks

All,

I successfully did my stamping in chennai on Dec 27th. I have a quick question - The VO never took my I797 - just the sealed documents and after telling me my VISA is approved, I came out with the rest of my documents.

Question thats nagging me is - the VO DID NOT take my 797 - just the sealed documents (passport DS160 etc)- how will they know which date to stamp on the passport? Apologize if this sounds very silly :(

Hi Balrog1978,

VOs don't take original I-797 anymore. In Delhi you are advised to carry a copy of I-797 which the person at the entrance staples to your passport with DS-160. So if you had that copy of I-797 in your passport and original with yourself, you are golden.

Thanks,

Rajat

HI Balrog : Congrats for your successful Visa stamping . Your thinking is logical , but while applying your H1 your all documents will already be there in their system i guess (PIMS). And it will be very easy for them to find out what is your end date of H1(you will already mention it on your DS 160 and while booking your slot).

BTW Can you elaborate your interview , and were every one getting their visa stamped . As many people who go to stamping at Chennai don't update in Murthy Forums . People who are planning for stamping in Chennai dont have a clear cut idea about the success rate at chennai.

You can share your details at reach.hus@gmail.com looking forward to talk to you ..

Thanks

Thanks

The Visa Interview itself was a breeze (I didn't mention that Ive done stamping before - 3 years ago so assumed rules have changed slightly), and am currently coming from EC model with both client and vendor very well known firms, which probably helped. The queue next to me seemed to be getting a lot of F1 visa rejections (3 folks all three rejected ) . The Only other H1 I could notice during my time is a 221(G). EVC model most likely from what I could make out. My interview took around 30 seconds, and he never asked me any questions other than my Position, Salary and name of the client. My salary is quite substantial, it seemed to help, this is an assumption naturally, but after the client and salary he pretty much approved the VISA. As far as interaction itself concerned - my advise is like all others - please talk confidently, don't over answer and answer to the point - and at the risk of sounding brash - please avoid sentences starting with "actually, basically" (we Indians love those two words :) )- and practice a bit smoothening your R's and Indian English, especially if your from the south, lots of youtube videos out there that can help - I have a slightly Americanized accent and it seemed to put the VO at ease as seemed to be having a tough time talking with the 221(g) H1B (not sure from where) and two Elderly tourist VISA Tamilian couple in front of me.

Archived