Successful H1B visa stamping in New Delhi Dec 28

rajMarch212011

Dear All,

This forum has been immensly helpful in resolving my queries so finally i got lucky and want to share my experience.

I came to India in March 2011. Due to discrepancy in data in LCA and I129 my visa extension was denied (interview march 21 and denial april 14) in New Delhi while I was working with an Indian consultancy firm in EVC model.

In desperation i found another employer (a very small firm with 15 employees) and went for stamping on 30 August 2011 at New Delhi. Got a 221G green again and eventually got denied in October 11.

By then I had got a hold of myself and was already working so left it there.

In March my CV was picked up through a job portal by a mid sized and listed indian company with some 2500 employees. After all the formalities I went for my visa interview yesterday again at New Delhi Embassy.

Guess third time is indeed a charm.

My visa interview went smoothly and I have been told that visa is being issued and visa officer kept my passport and I797 copy. This was a BEP case.

Following are the questions asked:-

Q1. Who is your employer?

A1. ABC but that is not my petitioner. Petitioner is XYZ

Q2. Oh so it is a new job?

A2. Yes.

Q3. So what will you do for them?

A3. Work as computer programmer for one of their clients called PQR.

Q4. So what is the project about.

A4. Designing new UI for future PQR releases and for their mobile applications on various platforms.

Q5. You will work at client office?

A5. No. I will be working at XYZ office at (mentioned office address).

VO - OK. I am issuing your visa and you should get an sms when your passport is ready for pick up.

Me - Thankyou.

Hope it helps future applicants.

Thanks,

Rajat

• 2 weeks later...

Archived