H1b Stamping - Passport not received

aarora3

Hello All,

Me and my wife came to India on a short vacation and had to go for our H1b visa stamping at the New Delhi Consulate. Both me and wife are on H1b visa and work for different US based big corporations.

Our appointment was scheduled on the 14th December 2012 and as husband wife we were told that we can interview together with the visa officer. The visa interview went fine for both of us and in the end she said your visas have been approved and you will receive the passport in 3-4 days.

I got my passport back with the visa stamped on 15th December however we are still waiting for my wife's passport. Checking the status through UStraveldocs is of no help and the response we get is that the application/documents are still with the consulate.

Not sure what could be the issue here? Checking the status of the visa application on the US Department of State website says that the visa was issued on 14th December.

Website link: https://ceac.state.g...eRYzCYubaSQI+RA==

Can anybody please advise what could be going on here and if there is anything we can do to expedite the process? Please note that no forms/slips were given to us after the interview.

Did you call the call center. When I applied the online passport tracking system never worked correctly, and they did not e-mail or send a text message when the passport was available. I called them up after three days and they said I can pick up anytime in the next 14 business days. If I did not call them, I wouldn't have known.

So call them up and find out what happened.

Archived