Should I change my permanent address? COA AR-11

kunal999

Hi,

I recently changed status from H4 to H1B and have started working with my employer. This is in a new location in a different state (State B) than when I was on H4 (State A). It is a fulltime position (not consulting).

My spouse still resides in the State A and she is on H1 and currently working there. I visit my spouse every couple of weeks while I maintain a residence here in State B for work purposes.

Should I change my permanent address to State B? Or can I maintain my permanent address as my old address where I have a home together with my spouse in State A?

Note: I have already changed my driver's license to that of State B.

1.) Is there a law that my permanent address needs to be changed to where I am living and working?

2.) Will changing my permanent address to where I am working help me during Visa stamping, future Visa processing or green card filing?

3.) Also, my spouse's employer has already initiated green card processing for her. Will it help if I keep my permanent address together with my spouse if in the future I am to be added on to her green card processing?

4.) I am assuming that form AR-11 either paper or online needs to be filed only if there is a change in the permanent address. Does it also have to be filed for new temporary addresses?

Thanks for your response in advance.

-K

Archived