Anyone attended H1B + H4 interview together

221g_blue_np

Hi,

My petition is approved last week and I most likely would be going to attend VISA interview in London embassy in the second week of January 2013. I am planning to attend along with my wife and my daughter (2 year old). They will be applying under H-4 category.

I heard that wait times can vary and go up to 2 hours or so outside the embassy on a busy day. Will there be any preference given to us because of the child?

How will be the interview process? Will all of us be interviewed by the same officer or different?

If anyone has experience of attending together, please share.

Thanks in advance!!

H-B and H4 are interviewed together. You are unlikely to be granted any special consideration as there will be others in the same situation and with even younger children. The two of you can certainly handle one two year old (if you cannot, you need to rethink coming to the US).

Hi t75,

Thanks for your response.

The last part of your response is unwanted and offensive. What is the connection between handling the child and rethink coming to the US? It sounds like only in US children need to be handled and elsewhere it's not required?

t75 has no clue what it means to stand in the Visa Queue OUTSIDE the Embassy with no shade -- rain or shine. I suggest she stands under scroching sun or pouring rain for 2 hours (remember umbrella is not allowed in embassy) and than preaches.

OP, earlier (with vfs) they had an option to pay Rs 200 and you can sit in a comfortable Airconditioned lounge till your turn comes (Start and Stripes lounge). Check if something like that exist with the new vendor.

"The last part of your response is unwanted and offensive. What is the connection between handling the child and rethink coming to the US? It sounds like only in US children need to be handled and elsewhere it's not required?"

=> I agree with you. I didn't expect such words from a senior contributor. Seems like frustration speaks. Please ignore this.

Better to call directly to embassy and find out if there is any preference.

"OP, earlier (with vfs) they had an option to pay Rs 200 and you can sit in a comfortable Airconditioned lounge till your turn comes (Start and Stripes lounge). Check if something like that exist with the new vendor. "

=> Well, well; OP is talking about UK embassy, they might have airconditioned waiting room for no charge :)

Archived