POE question after 221g cleared?

H1 stamping interview at Mumbai Consulate in February 2012, 221g cleared in December 2012 with H1 stamp in Passport.

Submitted all Original Documents for 221g I-129, LCA, Employment agreement, offer letter, W-2, academic certificates.

Now problem is, got passport back but no documents returned.

contacted Consulate reply is " your case has been escalated. we will get back to you with response". no time frame.

1. is it OK to come US without original documents ( only with passport, original 797 & copy of

above mention documents)?

2. what kind of questions will rise at POE?

HI 333,

as per your description you submitted these below documents.

221g I-129, LCA, Employment agreement, offer letter, W-2, academic certificates.

And you later said you have LCA. So what all originals are left with VO officer. i see only academic certificates. My question is why did you submit your original academic certificates.

​ But it is perfectly ok to return to US with the docs what you have currently with you .

People at the POE rarely ask for any original documents other than passport and 797. In some cases they might ask for employer/client letter to make sure that your job is still in good standing. You can always get a copy of those letters from your employer.

And it may be good to carry a copy of the e-mail from consulate where they acknowledged that they did not return the documents and are looking for it. I am assuming that you are able to obtain copies of all the missing documents from your employer for you to carry with you.

H1 stamping interview at Mumbai Consulate in February 2012, 221g cleared in December 2012 with H1 stamp in Passport.

Submitted all Original Documents for 221g I-129, LCA, Employment agreement, offer letter, W-2, academic certificates.

contacted Consulate reply is " your case has been escalated. we will get back to you with response". no time frame.

1. is it OK to come US without original documents ( only with passport, original 797 & copy of

I attended interview at Mumbai consulate in Feb 2012 and got 221g yellow form. I haven't heard anything from USCIS and still waiting. Please share your experience.

As long as you have stamped passport with you with 1797 you can enter US. You can get employer letter any time requesting your employer. And i believe you will not be asked any thing else at port of entry .

As long as you have stamped passport with you with 1797 you can enter US. You can get employer letter any time requesting your employer. And i believe you will not be asked any thing else at port of entry .

Hi 333/NewH1-B

I attended interview at Mumbai consulate in Feb 2012 and got 221g yellow form. I haven't heard anything from USCIS and still waiting. Please advice me

tailorv:i arrived in US safely....no extra question asked at POE. my interview was in February second week, blue 221g asked to submit all documents from both employer n employee. only update i received after 10 month, was to submit passport. Keep faith in God n make regular contact with consulate by sending them e-mail..thats the only way ...

• 4 weeks later...

tailorv:i arrived in US safely....no extra question asked at POE. my interview was in February second week, blue 221g asked to submit all documents from both employer n employee. only update i received after 10 month, was to submit passport. Keep faith in God n make regular contact with consulate by sending them e-mail..thats the only way ...

Hi 333

It's been 11 months now and I am keep sending email to mumbai consulate but i never get any reply yet. Please help me what would i do?

Archived