Successful H1B stamping @Vancouver, CA on 21st Dec 2012

raj4u_8

Hi All,

First off all i would like to thank you to all the individuals and the Murthy Law Firm for providing the valuable info which helped me in getting my H1B.

We stayed in Days Inn, Vancouver downtown and its only 2 min walk and very comfort for the interview.

My VISA interview was at 9:30AM but we went early at 8:30AM. you can enter any time after 8AM, They will take the interview on First come First serve basis.

My Interview was smooth and easy at Counter X.

1. How long have you been with ur employer?

Ans. since xx yrs.

2. do u have end client? give me the client letter?

Ans. Yes. i gave the letter from my manager saying client doesn't provide letter to contractors.

3. show me your LCA? How much are you paid?

Ans. Showed my LCA and i get XXX k.

4. How long u been working with your client and whats the location?

Ans: since xxx months and XX city and WA state.

After that i heard the words which i have been waiting for your VISA is approved and you will be recieveing in 3-5 business days.

I Greeted, thank u so much and happy holidays and merry Christmas.:)

Once your VISA is approved VO will give you reciept to track the passport. ( HE will take your passport, DS160 and I797 ). So, dont worry you will get your I797 back with your Passport.

As everyone know whats the documents to be carried and the VISA interview process i am not updating the list of documents and all the blah blah. Few things i am updating below, i thought would be helpful for the interview.

DS160 form::

Submit the DS160 at least 48hrs before the VISA interview date.

Take print screen for all the forms u have filled in the DS160 and copies of all documents u have in your file.

You can modify anything in the application( H1 receipt number, H1 applied date, reciept date and name address DS160 application number anything (except passport number and DOB ) in this website http://usvisa-info.com/en-CA/selfservice/p before us submit final DS160. If your picture is not uploading don't worry you can give the hard copy in the Consulate.

Remember what ever you fill in DS160 those the key points. Make sure you double check everything before you Submit it.

VO only looks into your DS160 and ask you the questions from there.

Few things inside consulate before interview::

No sealed envelopes for interview.

You can carry any number of files for interview.

It doesn't say US Consulate outside building. Its in same building as the Starbucks.

We can go after 8AM anytime even though our interview is at 9:30AM or 10:30AM. First come First serve basis.

In the entrance beside Starbucks they will ask your I797 original, DS160 and passport ( take away your I94 and keep separate in same file. you don't need it for interview but u need at port of entry ).

Once they verify your documents they will verify the appointment is there or not. then they will ask you if you are carrying any explosives and blah blah and u say No.

Then you will go inside. Then they will ask you to remove jackets and put the files in the tray and it goes though scan machine and you will ask to go to counter 1. There they will verify everything and hold a rubber band to all the three documents ( DS160, I797 and passport ) with the token number) attached ). and ask you to wait for some time.

If your photo is not uploaded to DS160 you can submit photos here in counter 1.

They will call your token numbers and take you to 20th floor. After you go inside you see counter 4,5,6 on the right side and 2 and 3 on left side.

you should wait in your seat until your token number called just like in DMV.

Once your number called and saying goto counter X. be confident all the time and greet with smile.

Once your VISA is approved VO will give you reciept to track the passport. ( He will take your passport, DS160 and I797 )

Next day or two you will get email from loomis ( laser.report is the email id. check in spam folder if you don't receive in 2 days ) and you can collect passport from them.

PIMS verification::

We can send email to PIMS about our info and asking them whether our details are update in the PIMS. Don't expect any reply from them, but if anyone sees email they will update in PIMS database and will not reply you.

Receipt number is either WAC or EAC and it will be in your I797. Send all your details what ever you see in the home page of usvisainfo.com website.

here is email for the PIMS.[ PIMS@state.gov ]. Send separate email tovancouverniv@state.gov with same format.

Almost everyone ( 9-10 people ) i met got VISA approved on the 21st. I heard that everyone on 17th and 20th also got their VISA's approved.

So be positive, be confident and be truthful and you will get your VISA.

hope this helps you guys.

Thanks,

Raj

hi KSD,

Goto Home.

If you already booked the appointment, in the primary applicant beside your name , click Edit and you can change the DS160 number and name, email ,everything ( except passport and DOB and Nationality)

Goto Home

To change your H1 receipt number , click on reschedule appointment and it will show your EAC or WAC number ( If you want to change only this change it and don't click submit after u change it click home )

Goto Home

To change your receipt dates after you click on reschedule appointment and it will show your EAC or WAC number and click submit you will see the receipt dates then change the dates and click home ( Dont click submit ).

Thanks,

Rajesh

Archived