Incorrect visa category booking- Canada H1B visa appointment

lucky4visa

Hi all,

Mistakenly, I paid the 160$ MRV fee and booked an appointment slot for Visitor visa (B1/B2) today, instead of actually selecting H1B Temp worker for the"Travel Purpose" question which demands a $190 MRV fee. Now, when I try to cancel my appointment and re-book it under H1B visa category, it starts the process all over, going through the MRV fee payment again. I have not submitted my DS-160 form to the consulate though.Can someone advise me as to what can be done here to avoid re-paying this fee? Did anyone experience the same / a similar situation and if so, what did you do to avoid a re-payment (if at all possible)? Also have sent a customer care email indicating the same.

Please share your able guidance and knowledge on my situation.Appreciate all the help in advance.

Thanks

Hi all,

Mistakenly, I paid the 160$ MRV fee and booked an appointment slot for Visitor visa (B1/B2) today, instead of actually selecting H1B Temp worker for the"Travel Purpose" question which demands a $190 MRV fee. Now, when I try to cancel my appointment and re-book it under H1B visa category, it starts the process all over, going through the MRV fee payment again. I have not submitted my DS-160 form to the consulate though.Can someone advise me as to what can be done here to avoid re-paying this fee? Did anyone experience the same / a similar situation and if so, what did you do to avoid a re-payment (if at all possible)? Also have sent a customer care email indicating the same.

Please share your able guidance and knowledge on my situation.Appreciate all the help in advance.

Thanks

call the embassy & explain your issue

Hi,

I spoke with someone who got the Visa and they also selected the same option. He said it will not be a problem and he went thru the same thing. I tried paying again and I got the declined message. However my card was charged and is in pending status. Will have to fight for the charge. So as far as selecting the option, it will not be a problem. I am taking my chances and going ahead. Let me know if you find any solution.

Hi Rakesh,

Thanks for the info. On my side, still in talks with customer care. So, it looks like the system doesn't let us do a re-payment and keeps returning a " Card Declined" message. Wondering why. Besides, contrary to my bank's belief that the unsuccessful transactions would fall off from Pending status gradually, they were charged today. Feeling deceived. I am surprised as to how your friend even got the H1B visa stamped on the passport, when he has requested for a Visitor visa and booked a slot for the same. Also, what about the difference in the fee amount? How did he pay that? Would really prove helpful if we could talk and share info about this. Can you could send me your contact number to my email: love_peace_9550 at yahoo dot com please for further communication?

Thanks

Archived