H1B Stamping for TVU students

raj4uchala

Hi Guys,

I am working as a Full Time Employee for a client in Michigan.I am planning to go to Toronto,canada for H1B stamping around end of February 2013.I have TVU background and bit scared to go for H1b stamping.

Is there anyone having similar issue and got H1b stamped sucessfully in Canada?

Here is my details:

Aug 2007 -- Aug 2008 --Graduated from a Accredited University

Aug 2008 -- Sep 2009 --OPT

Oct 2009 --Dec 2010 -- CPT(Tri valley University)

Jan 2011 --till date ------H1B

I was not enrolled into the university when the TVU issue happened in Jan '2011.When the issue happened i was on H1b visa and didn't face any issues related to the university.

My only conecrn is do i need to face any issues related to Trivalley University when i go for my H1b stamping in Canada?

I woule really appreciate if anyone can help me the issue?

Thanks!!

Hi Guys,

I am working as a Full Time Employee for a client in Michigan.

If you are working for a client, then you are an employee of a consulting company.

FTE means something different, it means working for an employer that actually creates their own products.

My only conecrn is do i need to face any issues related to Trivalley University when i go for my H1b stamping in Canada?

Likely, because you abused CPT.

I am working directly for a client.

Do you know anyone who got their H1B stamped sucessfully?

Do they(Visa Officer's) have all the information regarding the students who have enrolled in TVU?

I dont know! I wasnt a TVU student ever...But they know for sure if you are out of status, If you know you were, better to let them know in DS 160. At least you will be honest!

I have heard of other people being stamped, but as you might be aware every scenario is different...

Hi,

Thank you for the information.I was never out of status because i was on H1b by the time the TVU issue happened.

Hmm, the raid isn't what matters.

What matters is that you signed up with TVU and didn't study, but worked on CPT. That is what resulted in you being out of status.

Archived