Successfully stamped at Ottawa Dec 18th

svasa

Hello guys

FTE. Stamped at Ottawa Dec 18th.

I have seen only one guy getting a blue form. Rest all got the approvals, at least until the time I was there.

Thanks to the great forum and to the guys actively replying to all queries posted.

This forum is really the go-to place for all visa aspirants!

Instead of listing what documents are needed for visa , I would like to highlight some important aspects of the H1B visa process

1. DS-160

This document is the entry point to your application process. Take your time to fill it accurately. Also if possible try to get the photo right during filling itself. Get a soft copy of your photo from a professional photographer, he will take around $35, you can upload the same. This will save lot of time and you have the soft copy. No questions will be asked during the visa interview about photo if the photo was accepted by DS-160 submission tool.

Another point is :( I read about this in this forum )To me it seems logical that the embassy starts to look at your DS-160 at least a week before your scheduled appointment to organize things on their end. So if you submitted your DS-160 accurately at least week before, it would definitely help to quicken the process!

2. Canada visitor visa

Planning is the key word. There is no case I heard of where visitor visa is denied. So its just a matter of planning. Try to plan ahead and send your documents by mail. You don't need to go to consulates and stand in long lines for hours, spend lot of money etc..I know it might take up to 3 weeks to get a visitor visa if applied by mail. But it again depends on which consulate.

From what I heard, here are the turnarounds for applications by mail:

New York - a month

LA - 2 weeks

Detroit - 1 or 2 weeks

Seattle - 2 weeks

If you could plan well, you can avoid all travel mess, just fill the application accurately and send in time, you will be good. I spent $600 more to get my visitor visa.

3. Visa interview

First thing, get all documentation right ! I don't think you should just go to embassy with any missing docs.

Try to get lot of rest before interview. It will definitely help. Be relaxed. The VOs are there to check for authenticity of your employment. Just prove them that you are employed properly. that's it.

4. Loomis pickup change if needed

From what I heard, if you want to change loomis location after interview you can do so by calling customer service of loomis express and follow their instructions. they will charge something for that, depends on the type of mode you choose.

5. Weather in Canada

Winter here in Canada is definitely not friendly. Expect lot of snow which makes travel unpleasant. I am not a fan of snowy weather. If possible, try to make an appointment during summer. Canada has lots of events during summer !

Cab drivers do take US dollars, your US credit card is accepted at all recognized places.

Archived