H1B Visa: Got 211g and Employer is not allowing me to work

schoksi1987

Hi,

On 28th November, I got 211g from mumbai consulate and immigration officer asked for petitioner's documents. My company is still compiling all request documents and they will sending me soon. Now I have following concerns and I would be great full if you provide me answer

1. We do have office in India (Kochi) and I have also got my work laptop with me so I can work from Laptop or Kochi but my manager said that I can not legally work for onsite from offsite untill my visa issue get solved. Does it make any sense?

2. If I don't work then how would I get paystubs and what shall I answer to immigration officer that why was I sitting ideally? because administrative procedure takes time and I can not sit without work as that will put me in more trouble

3. What options do I have if my employer doesn't provide positive response (Shall I start preparing for visitors visa or any other visa to go back to US)

Please help me

Thanks

I have heard many cases wherein the employees were given the option to work from India. But again, The employer is not legally bound to offer you this option. If the employer is going to pay you the American salary, he may want you to work onsite. You have absolutely no control over the situation.

I think it will be a good idea to keep talking to your employer and keep waiting for 221g decision. Patience is the key here.

Archived