H1b Stamping - any experiences with the OFC interview waiver program ??

1234oj

I am going for my 3rd H1b stamping. My first H1b was between 2006-2009, second 2009-2012, third 2012-2015.

All my H1b's are for the same employer (last two are for the same office/location) and both were stamped in India.

I think I do qualify for the Interview waiver/ dropbox from what i read on the conulate website. Does anyone have any experience with this program? Is it just easier to schedule an interview if i am going to India only for 4 weeks.

Thanks,

• 2 weeks later...

Only document required were copy of I-797, passport size photograph, original fee receipt from citibank and copy of D-160 and original passport.

Yes appointment is needed for dropbox. On ustraveldoc site it will walk you through the steps. I got an email after a week of documents and passport submission to collect the passport from the visa office in Ahmedabad.

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards,

Vicky

Only document required were copy of I-797, passport size photograph, original fee receipt from citibank and copy of D-160 and original passport.

Yes appointment is needed for dropbox. On ustraveldoc site it will walk you through the steps. I got an email after a week of documents and passport submission to collect the passport from the visa office in Ahmedabad.

Sorry for the late reply.

Regards,

Vicky

Thanks Vicky... i did not see an option for appointment date for the dropbox... once i clicked okay on the "eligibility criteria" thing... it just gave me a confirmation letter for dropbox.

am i missing anything?

It is interesting to know that you just submitted the required docs.. and no supporting docs. the website says you should have the supporting docs...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 9 months later...

I walked in to Ahmedabad office and there was literally no one but me for submitting the documents.

Its been 5 days since I submitted and my online status still says "Your passport is still with post". Looks like this dropbox system is convenient but takes longer time than interview.

• 5 months later...

Archived