221g-90+days administrative Processing

Foreigner2012

Hi,

I've been working for a Fortune 500 company for the past 5+ years (they are my H1 sponsors as in I work at client side). I had my H1b interview at the hyderabad, India consulate on Aug 24th 2012. As I havent had issues in the past with my H1 visa the interview was short and not too many questions, just the basics. I got my first H1 stamped in 2 days at Vancouver and this is my 3rd 797. The officer told me that she doesnt see any issues and will approve my visa however my case will require additional administrative processing. ( I was aware of this processing as my dad (B1) went through the same). I didnt think I would be a victim as my previous record is ALL GREEN.

It will be 4 months on Dec24th and still no response. I have checked the update site with nothing new to report (ofcourse its down most of the time). I read in many places that a majority of the cases were resolved in 60 days. I have a common muslim name but havent had any issues in the past.

I called the DOS and there is no option to speak with a representative. We press 1 for visas and then 3 for admin processing where you hear a recording but no further options to speak with someone. I have a mortgage back in US plus a ton of other issues being caused with this delay.

Can someone provide me with info that will be useful? What next? Anyone else I can call? The senior leadership at my company are willing to make phone calls but need direction. Not much help yet from the firm that deals with my visas etc....

Thank You

Archived