ds160 queries

simplydeb

Need help from experts about the below DS 160 questions, which i had some doubt. Just wanted to clarify it:

Q1. U.S. Taxpayer ID Number

I specified it has Not Applicable, since i entered the SSN. Is it Correct?

Q2. Home Address, Phone, Work and Mobile No.

I specified my Home Address as US Address and Mailing address as Indian address

Q3.Have you made specific travel plans?

I mentioned "No", since i might change my return travel back to US.

Intended Date of Arrival - I mentioned the date in which i have booked my return trip to US.

Intended Length of Stay in US - I mentioned the no. of months till my H1B(797) renewal document is valid?? Is that

Correct.

Q4. U.S. Point of Contact Information

I provided my spouse's information.

Q5. Spouse Address

There are options for "Same as Home Address", "Same as US Contact Address". Can i specify any one of them?

Q6. Temporary Work Visa Information

Where do you intend to work -- Is it the Employer information or the Client location???

Sorry for posting lot of questions. Would appreciate any inputs from anyone who have gone through similar situation.

Advanced Thanks to all of you.

Regards,

Deb

Q1 -> Yes

Q2 -> it depends on where you are attending the interview. if you are attending interview in india than it is correct.

Q3 -> correct

Q4 ->i would give my employers details

Q5 -> NO clue

Q 6 -> this is the location where you actually work , if you are working in client location than client location address. and make sure you have the same address in LCA and I129 . if they are different for any reason i would suggest you update your LCA and if possible do a h1b ammendment.

Disclaimer: I am not an expert. Just experienced after my Visa stamping and reading around a lot.

And it's no problem posting a lot of questions - that's what this forum is for.

Q1 - correct

Q2 - correct

Q3 - correct

Q4 - correct

Q5 - Yes, you can

Q6 - Client location, as you will be actually working there, although you are employed by your employer.

Good Luck.

Archived